Page 514 of 968 FirstFirst ... 500510512513514515516518528 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Everybody is racist to some extent, though. That's not shocking in and of itself. People knew they were getting President Archie Bunker, and they preferred that prospect to President Hillary Clinton.
    "Everybody" is not President of the United States, and thus president of all the people, etc.

A majority of the American electorate voted for Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump. They did not prefer "President Archie Bunker."

Rather than give Bernie (or any other challenger) a fair shot at the nomination, your party made it a coronation ceremony for her royal highness. Now you get to enjoy the consequences. You get to enjoy all of it.
    See above.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    "Everybody" is not President of the United States, and thus president of all the people, etc.
    Presidents aren't superhuman, nor are they cyborgs. They're regular humans, flaws and all. That's why most reasonable people gave Bill a pass for his dalliances.

The fact that some countries are shitholes is not debatable. The left has used this fact to push for looser immigration rules. The right has used this fact to advocate for stronger immigration controls. It's a fact, shitholes exist. We're just not used to hearing it expressed so bluntly.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. To add to the above:

Yes, many people are racist, Andrew. Many previous presidents were openly racist, rude, vulgar, or all of the above. The problem is that Trump is racist and his domestic and foreign policy is driven by racism.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Presidents aren't superhuman, nor are they cyborgs. They're regular humans, flaws and all. That's why most reasonable people gave Bill a pass for his dalliances.
    You forgive Donald's racist policies because goshdarnit he's just a human being. Oh, the humanity!

5. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    You forgive Donald's racist policies because goshdarnit he's just a human being. Oh, the humanity!
    Point a piece of policy that's racist, though. I'm not defending what he said or how he said it. Even if, yes, there are some "shithole" countries out there, we have to deal with said countries for many reasons (trade, defense, etc.) and this isn't helpful. But I haven't seen any "racist policies" come to pass since January 2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Hey, when is Jeffy S coming for my reefers?

His "good people don't smoke marijuana" statement makes me want to shit in his mouth. This moral cocksucker.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Hey, when is Jeffy S coming for my reefers?
    Tuesday.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

All countries that aren't America are shitholes. Fuck all y'all.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Point a piece of policy that's racist, though. I'm not defending what he said or how he said it. Even if, yes, there are some "shithole" countries out there, we have to deal with said countries for many reasons (trade, defense, etc.) and this isn't helpful. But I haven't seen any "racist policies" come to pass since January 2017.
    I'll play along.

In a discussion about immigration from African nations, Mr. Trump asked why he would want "all these people from shithole countries," according to people with direct knowledge of the conversation. Mr. Trump also said the United States should admit more people from places like Norway, an overwhelmingly white country.

And see Josh's post, above mine.

Why would anyone move out of Norway? Especially to this shithole country.