Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Youtube subs

1. BB is great. I watch it a lot with my kids.

2. I looked at Metal Jesus' page to see how many subs he had and saw this.
    It can't be real. It has to be fake.

Craigslist around here has gotten so competitive that even when there's a rare occasion that someone way undervalued what they're selling, nerds will contact and offer more money (but still far less than the going rate) to ensure they get the stuff before someone else. I have to imagine it's no different in Seattle.

I'm wondering how much faking is going on. Like, a dude the other day showed he got musha for 2 bucks.

Get the fuck out of my face.

Or guys posting game scores and it's all boxed complete rare games.

Get the fuck out.

4. I like that he was too cheap to obtain a vehicle he could properly transport all the games in at once. Why keep them in the boxes they were already stored in where there's less chance of them being crushed under their own weight? Why make only one trip? $.15 a game.
    God, I can't stand him.

5. "Basically he wanted to re-buy all those games on Steam." I find it hard to believe anyone still interested in the medium to re-buy 600 games on steam--or anyone who was at one point interested enough to buy 600 games in the first place-- is that misguided about the value of the lot. Nobody who knows what Steam is is posting that to Craigslist without at least the most cursory appraisal. I understand the "I just want it out of here" impulse, but an asking price of $1,000 will get that stuff out of your house just as fast as a $75 one will.

I wonder if there's a different, unflattering story behind this that Metal Jesus is dodging. If the story were, "These belonged to my son who died in a car accident last week--I can't bear to look at them another minute," would you cop to it on YouTube before your xnumber subscribers?
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 13 Jul 2017 at 09:24 PM.

6. "I need more pills, so please buy these computer tapes."

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    "Basically he wanted to re-buy all those games on Steam." I find it hard to believe anyone still interested in the medium to re-buy 600 games on steam--or anyone who was at one point interested enough to buy 600 games in the first place-- is that misguided about the value of the lot. Nobody who knows what Steam is is posting that to Craigslist without at least the most cursory appraisal. I understand the "I just want it out of here" impulse, but an asking price of $1,000 will get that stuff out of your house just as fast as a $75 one will.
    I've heard of similar happening very rarely. I have a friend that is a huge Madonna fan. And he was telling me that when itunes got big, he had friends online that purchased the entire catalog on itunes, then put all their cds in the trash.

Admittedly, that si where some of her stuff goes, but every now and then you do get these huge diahard fans...that are lazy and stupid in very weird ways.

8. I can see that. He's been hauling this pile of stuff around for over 20 years. At this point his time and the empty space is more valuable than haggling and listing each game one by one.

its a spectrum though. Sell the top 10% rares to fund the rebuying on steam. Then let some mouth breather drag off the dregs.

shoeonhead gets it.

loves brave list toaster while understanding the sadness and horror of the film