Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Horizon Vanguard (my game)

1. The scoring system is something that's planned but I'm still toying with (there's a bare one in place right now).

And that's a really good point about the pistol, lol.

2. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Shoot the little guys with the hoverbike's gun, earn multiplier for consecutive no-miss shots, that kind of thing?
    Consecutive no-miss shots with the pistol, rather. The hoverbike gun is designed for spray & pray.

3. Just want to chime in to say best of luck to Tain, this looks cool.

4. For shits, I tried out UE4's new VR Spectator camera yesterday, allowing the TV or monitor to have a unique view instead of mirroring the headset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_5jzPENE_I

It's pretty rad. Not sure why the captures are so dark. The performance cost is obviously really high (rendering everything a third time and all) so it probably won't be an easily-accessible option in the dropship, but I'd like to include some kind of command line option for this (with a helmet instead of my kitty) down the line.
    Last edited by Tain; 10 Aug 2017 at 05:09 PM.

5. Just as a note about performance on Rift. Frog and a GAF dude had mentioned huge stuttering in Oculus land (Frog with the August 7th update and the GAF dude with yesterday's). I finally hooked my Oculus hardware back up (admittedly it hadn't been hooked up since before the August 7th change), and I ran into some big stuttering right out the gate even with no Windows 10 UWP apps running.

I haven't narrowed it down yet so the current Steam build has native Oculus support disabled because humorously things seem to run fine on Rift through SteamVR. It won't stay SteamVR-only, but in case you're wondering about some strange control differences or why you're seeing Vive-targeted messages on startup, that's why.

6. HORIZON VANGUARD Steam store page is up!

Getting ready to release the demo at the start of September (Valve approval snag, lol), here's the trailer for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSrYLMDqaAQ

7. This looks so rad. Verizon Handjob GOTY 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. aaaand finally, we're live

Thanks again for the feedback guys!

9. Awesome!

Shared it on my shitty store's shitty FB page. Maybe one of my shitty followers will buy it!

10. Steam sale or gtfo.