Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Horizon Vanguard (my game)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Oh, and in case you missed it there's a very slightly hidden level select option in the back of the dropship. Some of those intel items in Zone A are pretty hidden.
    I discovered this a little earlier when the game accidentally spawned me backwards (a SteamVR bug, not your game, I think). The third stage reminds me a little of the airport from Steel Gunner.

I did find a small bug. At the title screen, there's some analog jitter when I close my fists (Oculus Touch). Doesn't really affect anything and it's only on the title screen, but it seems to do it every time.

2. Pushed out a little update on the private build with some changes based on feedback. There are optional yardline-style indicators on the ground that can be turned on via the options menu, the radar is now something that activates and deactivates automatically (no more manual radar triggering or radar meter), there are bike laser power-ups (with containers), and the laser sight is more fleshed out with a visual and aural cue when it pops off your gun (and a new pickup item that restores it). Some other little stuff throughout, too, and an engine update under the hood.
    Last edited by Tain; 07 Aug 2017 at 02:28 PM.

3. Really good update. I like the design changes and additions a lot.

This has given me some performance issues though. I get a regular jerking about once a second now that totally makes the game unplayable, but it seems to go away when I alt-tab out of the mirrored display. Performance in general is more uneven now though, and I get some drops and choppy parts that used to be smooth.

4. I owe you feedback and I've got a day off. Diving into it later today and hope to have something for you tonight.

5. Interesting about performance, hopefully it's not some really buried UE4 thing. And thanks James, let me know particularly if you run into big stuttering too.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Interesting about performance, hopefully it's not some really buried UE4 thing. And thanks James, let me know particularly if you run into big stuttering too.
    The stuttering issue is probably connected to some timing issue related to fullscreen. If you have a windowed/borderless option I imagine it would clear up.

I've run into a handful of other games that give me this issue (Owlboy and the new Machinarium update). It's rare, but it seems to have no connection to actual performance.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The stuttering issue is probably connected to some timing issue related to fullscreen. If you have a windowed/borderless option I imagine it would clear up.

I've run into a handful of other games that give me this issue (Owlboy and the new Machinarium update). It's rare, but it seems to have no connection to actual performance.
    I managed to fix this on my end. I uninstalled a few old things that I thought might have overlays (Fraps, ffdshow, K-Lite Codec pack, Afterburner) and one of them fixed it the issue. Performance overall seems to have gone back to how it was in the first test.

8. I had a little stuttering at the very beginning but then it cleared up and never came back. Not sure what that was about but it played smooth after about 20 seconds. Nothing beyond the web browser running in the background to hog resources, so no idea what might have caused it.

As for the gameplay, my views were the same as Frog's and the update took care of most of them. I'm not super-fond of the gun, though. It feels a bit "light", slow to fire and not particularly strong despite it killing almost everything with a single shot.

Got all the intel on Level A at last. In the full game I'd like the option to restart, because I had trouble earning that first pickup right at the beginning and it was annoying knowing I was locked into the level with no option to recover.

Is there going to be a scoring system in place, maybe based on the handgun for any possible multiplier? Shoot the little guys with the hoverbike's gun, earn multiplier for consecutive no-miss shots, that kind of thing?

The two level A bosses are pretty good, but I kept thinking the big hovercraft should have a few secondary guns to target for the fun of taking it apart piece by piece. I liked picking the missiles out of the silos before they fire. I also liked the pace of the fights, in that they're not drawn out and end quickly if you pay attention. Level 1, though, so no idea what later encounters will look like.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm not super-fond of the gun, though. It feels a bit "light", slow to fire and not particularly strong despite it killing almost everything with a single shot.
    This is a good suggestion. The gun feels too much like a normal pistol, rather than a sci-fi marvel that can shoot planes out of the sky.

This looks so freakin good
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.