Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Horizon Vanguard (my game)

1. Horizon Vanguard (my game)

Self promotion time. This is a VR action game I've been working on for a while:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=800131647

Quote Originally Posted by my dang greenlight page
    Blast your hovercycle through the enemy's crushing forces under a bright blue sky!

What is it?
    Drawing inspiration from the saturated, hectic, and skill-based arcade games new and old, including games like Burning Force, Border Down, and DARIUSBURST, Horizon Vanguard is a VR action game that aims to combine the speed, focus, and density of arcade shooting games with the immersion and input capabilities of modern VR technology. Use your hovercycle to dodge enemy fire and attack armored ground targets while taking aim with your pistol to destabilize and destroy aerial foes! Manage your scan energy and use your radar to get your bearings when overwhelmed!

Features
    • Support for the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift (both with and without Touch)
    • An arcade game structure: short, dense, and challenging
    • 15 branching stages, each with a unique boss, access to which is dependent the player's ability to find hidden intel
    • Comfortable movement in VR while maintaining a blistering sense of speed
    • A catchy, melodic soundtrack by Ken Snyder (aka coda)

Release
    We're targeting a late 2017 release, but keep your eye out for a demo version coming soon!
    I'm really excited about this. Any Greenlight votes would be hugely appreciated.

It looks awesome. Hopefully I will have some VR gear by the time it comes out.

3. Got my Oculus Move coming in December and can't wait to check it out.

4. I will definitely be checking this out. I love the soundtrack from the little I'm hearing too.

5. Wow, nice, man. Love the low-poly arcade look.

The HUD there is a neat way to handle the readability of a bullet hell boss in first person.

6. This looks dope as hell. Low, flat shaded poly + high FPS = arousal.

The "Guardian Approaching" looks like it was taken right out of Evangelion.

7. Looks cool. It would look cooler with jumps, though.

8. Nice stuff, sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Looks great Tain, must be a lot of work. I don't have VR but I'll vote for you on Steam.

10. Holy shit, I want to try.