Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 35678 LastLast

Thread: Horizon Vanguard (my game)

1. It's been a really, really long road but I've finally released my first commercial game. It's been a blast to work on, I've learned a ton, and I'm really proud of it.

https://tain.itch.io/horizon-vanguard

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...IZON_VANGUARD/

and now on to post-release fixes and features~

2. Wooooo.

Now get to work on that PSVR port so I can play it in VR.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I look forward to giving this a shot tonight!

It's really good. I'm a linux user, no audio in Proton at the moment, but even then it still pretty impressive.

Congratulations on realizing the dream, Tain!
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    It's really good. I'm a linux user, no audio in Proton at the moment, but even then it still pretty impressive.

Congratulations on realizing the dream, Tain!
    Interesting! I haven't gotten a chance to get a Linux environment running and try it out in Proton, but out of curiosity, do other UE4 games have working audio in Proton? The followup would be if they use a third-party audio library like FMOD... Wonder if it'd be an easy thing to accommodate on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Wooooo.

Now get to work on that PSVR port so I can play it in VR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I look forward to giving this a shot tonight!
    Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to digging into ports after a bit more updating, PSVR (and PSVR 2...???) especially

6. I don't have VR but I really like the way movement feels. Everything is silky smooth and FAST and it feels great, the aiming took me a minute to get a hang of but its fun and interesting. The overhead view for bullet sections is a really cool idea, I have to remember to come out of it to check for air enemies though. So far it's very difficult but totally fair and I like it, I'm trying to hunt all the Intel to open the other routes but I need to beat the first area to begin with!

I did not understand how continues would be earned so I just kept retrying when dying instead of going back to the home menu, but then when I finally went to close out it said I had unlocked a new mode and continues. If those would show up after a game over screen instead of having to go back to the home menu to unlock that would be a welcome addition, otherwise I have nothing but praise for this and would recommend it to anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Interesting! I haven't gotten a chance to get a Linux environment running and try it out in Proton, but out of curiosity, do other UE4 games have working audio in Proton? The followup would be if they use a third-party audio library like FMOD... Wonder if it'd be an easy thing to accommodate on my end
    The only one I've ever tried is Dragon Quest XI, and it runs fantastically. Looking back ProtonDB, people were having audio issues in the past with it, fixed by adjusting their ALSA settings so I'll try that.

I also have all kinds of wacky ALSA and Jack routing shit going because ancient synths, so it could likely be on my end

8. Congrats, Tain! This is a huge accomplishment. It looks like a game SEGA would have made.

9. Amazing that you're supporting VR. I'll pick this up as soon as I get home.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Congrats, Tain! This is a huge accomplishment. It looks like a game SEGA would have made.
    This was exactly my thoughts too. Grats on this tain.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL