Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite: Capcom Cinematic Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    afaik every character has an infinite now.
    This game is performance art.

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I feel like this game sucks.
    It is sorta entertaining to watch atm, but i feel like it would be horrible to play.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

3. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    It is sorta entertaining to watch atm, but i feel like it would be horrible to play.
    capcom's motto from 2009 to today

4. So Combofiend has left Capcom. Was he ousted after MvCI bombed and did the same thing happen to Seth Killian after SFxT?

I think the idea of stuffy out of touch Capcom executives using the gaijin spokesman as sacrificial lambs is an easy direction to lean toward.

5. From what I heard, Combofiend was already on some other project when he left/was let go. So probably not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. I'd say they should have fired the art director, but I don't know if this game even had one.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. Folks are so mad about the way it looks and so quick to blame Capcom strictly for it, but I’ve been looking at that other Marvel fighting game on mobile (and their mobile games in general) and this seems in-line with that aesthetic? Could it be Marvel wanted it looking this way for the sake of brand parity or whatever?

I mean, I know they did it to the music. Capcom’s rad and cheesy Cap theme is replaced by some generic crap that sounds like it was pulled from the MCU. Capcom’s own characters have their music, but the Marvel side is filled with bland wannabe music scores.

8. That is a good point, a lot of the criticism has been "it looks like a mobile game". Now that Marvel has the cache, they probably are very controlling with their IPs. It's disappointing to think that a company built on comic books would be so clueless on visual aesthetics.

Capcom is doing some great stuff still, I love the music they used for the SFV Zeku reveal trailer.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. I think that's also his main theme. It's pretty good, and Zeku's a really interesting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.