Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 414161718192022 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 237

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

  1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It sounds like it's a good enough game that you could probably have fun while hating the story anyway.
    This is something I can pretty much agree with.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The most amazing thing to me is that there are people in this thread who have never played the game convinced that reviews which mirror their opinions, which again are not based on playing the game, "nail it".

    Like, imagine not eating a meal from a restaurant, reading the menu, then going on Yelp and being like "yeah this dude who said the pizza was shitty is totally right". How the fuck do you know you don't like taco pizza if you never fucking tried it?

    I'm over here telling you that despite your reservations about taco pizza, there's a real chance that it'll surprise you.
    Yes, but when you keep hearing people making the exact same critiques of something; they arenít just being jaded. Iíve heard that the combat is a huge improvement over the 1st and there are a lot of cool features. Iíll probably play the game when it comes to the PS5.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yes, but when you keep hearing people making the exact same critiques of something; they arenít just being jaded. Iíve heard that the combat is a huge improvement over the 1st and there are a lot of cool features. Iíll probably play the game when it comes to the PS5.
    Statistically speaking, because there's no religion with more than 2 billion participants, at least 5 billion people on Earth are wrong about a belief they hold intrinsically.

    Maybe, as a general life idea, don't explicitly seek out opinions that only mirrior yours, especially when it's something you could just experience yourself and know for sure how it appeals to you.

    And again, I don't play all games and I can tell when a game doesn't fit my tastes. Not everyone should play or would enjoy Naughty Dog games. But, if you loved the first game in this series, and the story is whats turning you off of this one, you owe it to yourself to experience the story on your own playthrough, not someone else's review .


  4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yes, but when you keep hearing people making the exact same critiques of something; they aren’t just being jaded. I’ve heard that the combat is a huge improvement over the 1st and there are a lot of cool features. I’ll probably play the game when it comes to the PS5.
    Druckmann told an interesting story on the TLOU podcast about an interaction he had with a 60-year-old guy. This guy had never played any games up until someone got him a PS4 and a copy of The Last of Us. He played through the prologue, and then he sat the controller down for about 5 weeks. It was too intense for him to continue. It brought back a bunch of heavy feelings about his own family. Then he eventually played through the rest of the campaign in a couple of days. He loved it.

    This story came to mind when thinking about gamevet's ongoing struggle over coming to grips with playing the sequel to The Last of Us.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

    "Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

  5. Finished it just now. Incredible. Might be my game of the generation.

    Abby and Ellie seeing flashbacks to their father figures alive before each sparing the other was fantastic symmetry and symbolism. I think it was a great choice to let them both choose to break the cycle.


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Finished it just now. Incredible. Might be my game of the generation.

    Abby and Ellie seeing flashbacks to their father figures alive before each sparing the other was fantastic symmetry and symbolism. I think it was a great choice to let them both choose to break the cycle.
    What are your thoughts on the final image on the Santa Barbara coast, the one that replaces the title screen after you beat the game?

    I assumed that the Firefly bases was abandoned and/or overrun by the Rattlers or other gangs, and that voices on the radio were just the Rattlers "playing" Abby. Apparently the building shown in that final image is the Catalina Casino on Catalina Island.

    It's a somewhat more hopeful ending than I thought.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

    "Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

  7. Iím really enjoying the story telling but the gameplay is kinda boring. Itís all been done to death before. Get to new area, kill everyone and search high and low for loot. The shooting is kind of clunky too. Game is still really good, but game of the generation? Come on man. Red dead 2 does everything Last does but bigger and better.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

  8. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I’m really enjoying the story telling but the gameplay is kinda boring. It’s all been done to death before. Get to new area, kill everyone and search high and low for loot. The shooting is kind of clunky too. Game is still really good, but game of the generation? Come on man. Red dead 2 does everything Last does but bigger and better.
    A tip: in the options, you can set collecting to auto-pickup so you don't have to mash the triangle button every time you come across a bottle or a box of bullets or whatever. Big time saver.

    Also, in the accessibility options you can turn on "enhanced listening mode" which lets you ping the landscape to find loot easier.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

    "Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

  9. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    What are your thoughts on the final image on the Santa Barbara coast, the one that replaces the title screen after you beat the game?

    I assumed that the Firefly bases was abandoned and/or overrun by the Rattlers or other gangs, and that voices on the radio were just the Rattlers "playing" Abby. Apparently the building shown in that final image is the Catalina Casino on Catalina Island.

    It's a somewhat more hopeful ending than I thought.
    I took it to mean that Abby and Lev got there and the switch from a dark foggy title screen to the sun rising can't possibly be more metaphorical. If this is the last we see of those two I think we're supposed to believe that Fireflies or no, they'll be OK.

    That being said, I don't think the Rattlers we're on the radio, I think she really did make contact with new Fireflies.


  10. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    A tip: in the options, you can set collecting to auto-pickup so you don't have to mash the triangle button every time you come across a bottle or a box of bullets or whatever. Big time saver.

    Also, in the accessibility options you can turn on "enhanced listening mode" which lets you ping the landscape to find loot easier.
    Well thatís definitely nice to know! I missed those options, thanks! Every game should have auto pick options. Bethesda games sure could use it.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo