Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. It’s good to see TNL doesn’t flip out over dumbass gamer shit. Is it a generational thing? Are we all just fucking old now?
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I got to The Scene last night, and it was very effective. Even knowing it was coming it succeeds.
    My wife watches me play these Naughty Dog games now, because it's like watching an interactive movie.

She couldn't stop thinking about it all day at work the following day. She said it hit her harder than anything from movies or TV in recent memory. That's high praise.

3. That's because you are more invested in the characters of a videogame, than a movie. A movie, you spend anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours with that character, while you could spend 30 to 50 hours with a character in a video game.

Did you ever see To Live and Die in LA? There is a massive plot shift that stuns you for a second and then you move on. You really weren't that invested in it.

I'm going to really be showing my age here. I was about 4 or 5 years old, when my family went to see a John Wayne movie called the Cowboys. Like Joel, John Wayne was beaten and shot down by Bruce Dern's character. It wasn't just any dude, it was John Fucking Wayne. Everytime I'd see Bruce Dern, it just pissed me off, because of what his character did to the legend. It must have really pissed off a lot of John Wayne fans that saw that for the 1s time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPgssK8oBb8

The Joel scene is about twice as bad, because he was pretty much a crippled helpless man, beaten slowly to death. This was a character that I attached to for over 100 hours, between my playthrough on the PS3 and the PS4. It made me even more upset than what Dern did to Wayne. And that movie scene will always be cemented in my head.

Last edited by gamevet; 22 Jun 2020 at 10:18 PM.

4. The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

Got to the first major scene. Knew it was coming but goddamn that was pretty graphic! Jesus. Can’t wait to see what’s next, just finished the first open area.

Reading some posts on other sites and people are complaining about shitty dialogues and story. Wtf are they comparing this to?? The story telling is top tier. Only other game that is equal to it is Red dead 2.
    Last edited by SamuraiMoogle; 21 Jun 2020 at 07:24 PM.

5. I mean, I can respect that you shouldn't play anything that doesn't bring you enjoyment.

I will say again, that while you maybe wanted lobster, this is kobe beef and its phenomenal and worth experiencing.

6. I'll wait for the PS5 edition to come out. For now, I've got another Naughty Dog title I've been meaning to play....Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

7. I hope y’all are really exploring. The little scene in the music store where Ellie sings was such a nice touch.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I'll wait for the PS5 edition to come out. For now, I've got another Naughty Dog title I've been meaning to play....Uncharted: Lost Legacy.
    I really enjoyed Lost Legacy. It’s a better game than Uncharted 4.

9. Really? My interest has piqued.

10. Waitaminute... the thing EVERYONE HAS KNOWN WAS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR YEARS, ever since the first trailer made it clear Ellie was a)the main protagonist and b)on a revenge mission, is what people are up in arms over?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids