Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. God damn it. I’m going to have to play this.

Hold on while I loot a Target.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Also, being forced to do extremely graphic killings to drive home the narrative isn’t my cup of tea.
    Except hospitals filled with obviously bad guys, right?

TLOU2 puts in the work to make you empathize with its characters.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Except hospitals filled with obviously bad guys, right?

TLOU2 puts in the work to make you empathize with its characters.
    Would you call killing a 14 year old girl, without truly knowing if they’ll find a cure, being the good guys? The actual scene where Joel entered the operating room in TLOU and TLOU2, was changed drastically too. Druckman changed the way that scene played out, to better fit TLOU2’s narrative.

I keep hearing the same complaints, from multiple (spoiler) reviews and a lot of of praise and disapproval seem to be echoing the same messages.

Somebody asked why there was all this hate for the game brewing and I simply gave some examples. If you’re having a great time with it, that’s awesome. I’m not going to continue posting about what many have said. I’m done.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Jun 2020 at 02:42 PM.

4. Changed drastically? I recently replayed the first again and have been playing through the second obviously, and while it expended the context in the second one by showing what leads up to it, the actual scene of Joel entering seems to be like 90% the same, just rebuilt in the new engine.

What am I missing thats drastically different?

That's a serious question, in both versions he walks in to find the doctor, with ellie on the table, the doctor begs him not to do what he's about to do, Joel shoots him, takes Ellie and leaves out the other door. Its like under a minute long.
    Last edited by Opaque; 25 Jun 2020 at 03:00 PM.

5. The doctor runs to the tray and threatens Joel with a scalpel.

6. This thread sucks.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. I mean, and I'm not trying to fight here, is that significant? Edit: actually I'm struggling here to see what the difference is.

Rewatched everything.

First game Dr grabs a scalpel, tries to defend himself, Joel kills him.

Second game we see the moments before the event, then it cuts to Abby coming to find her dad dead.

What am I missing here? I don't even see any inconsistencies because they basically show different parts.
    Last edited by Opaque; 25 Jun 2020 at 06:38 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The doctor runs to the tray and threatens Joel with a scalpel.
    That happens in the original, I just rewatched someone playing the last chapter and exactly that happens in game. Further proving that you are basing everything you are saying on bullshit.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Yet again, if you had played the game and have some issues I would not fault you for it. I'm a bit in and there are some seams I've noticed, but you're basing it purely on bullshit you're reading online and you have no way of knowing what is true and what is false in what you're reading.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Joel was never portrayed to have been the good guy at the end of part 1. It was pretty damned clear in that game.