Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Joel was never portrayed to have been the good guy at the end of part 1. It was pretty damned clear in that game.
    And neither were the Fireflies. The cold, callus Joel at the beginning of the game would have left her to die in the operating room. The Joel that finally gave a shit about something ended their evil deed by killing them and saving her. Making out that the Fireflies (who were about to kill an innocent girl for their own purpose) as not being guilty of an evil deed is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    That happens in the original, I just rewatched someone playing the last chapter and exactly that happens in game. Further proving that you are basing everything you are saying on bullshit.
    I know that is from the original. Someone showed leaked footage that showed the doctor begging without grabbing the scalpel. It obviously got cut out.

I didn't even want to go any further with this. Sorry, to the rest of you guys. I'm checking out. Enjoy!
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Jun 2020 at 08:47 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    And neither were the Fireflies. The cold, callus Joel at the beginning of the game would have left her to die in the operating room. The Joel that finally gave a shit about something ended their evil deed by killing them and saving her. Making out that the Fireflies (who were about to kill an innocent girl for their own purpose) as not being guilty of an evil deed is just wrong.

I know that is from the original. Someone showed leaked footage that showed the doctor begging without grabbing the scalpel. It obviously got cut out.
    And again, the new game in no way pretends that the fireflies were the good guys either. That's kind of the point, and if you actually played the game rather than basing your whole opinion on a bunch of bullshit you're read you'd get it too. It's all about shades of gray.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I made it pretty clear in the post that you trolled, that I have no interest in playing the game as Abby. A lot of people cannot stand her character, especially after what she did.

I'm done. My intention wasn't to make it about my dislike of where this game story went. My original post was about why some people really don't want to play it and why there is a backlash, outside of the homophobic crap.

(admin note - please be nice and use spoiler tags - thank you - love sleeve <3)
    Last edited by gamevet; 26 Jun 2020 at 02:36 PM.

4. Dude, fucking spoilers, seriously. There are people who come into this thread who don't know these things.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I don't know about you, but all caps accomplishes the same thing as spoiler tags for me.

6. Accurate.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Last night I got to where

Abby almost got hung and gutted before the two kids save her. Holy shit dude.

This story of the WLFs vs Scar conflict is just so well done, and the idea that we're not really seeing Ellies story form a different angle, but an entirely different story Ellie barely glimpsed, makes this feel not at all like "replaying" many people who only read leaks made it out to be.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Last night I got to where

Abby almost got hung and gutted before the two kids save her. Holy shit dude.

This story of the WLFs vs Scar conflict is just so well done, and the idea that we're not really seeing Ellies story form a different angle, but an entirely different story Ellie barely glimpsed, makes this feel not at all like "replaying" many people who only read leaks made it out to be.
    Yara and Lev are my ride or die. They are probably my favorite part of the game, and it kinda confuses me why people knock this whole section of the game.

Not only are they thematically amazing, but the setpieces are absolutely incredible.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. I am finally re-re-re-re-replaying the first game, because the first 4 times I never got past the first basement with clickers where you have to grab the ladder. Now I'm actually giving it a shot and I'm several hours deep and I really like the way a lot of things are going. The characters feel great and it does feel like an interesting journey, I dunno why I didn't really get into it before. But holy hell that aiming before you upgrade the weapon swap is HOT garbage. How did Joel survive the 20 years between the opening scene and when you get him with aim like that? There were several mobs that made me furious with the small ammo count and total inability to effectively aim at heads, but I got past em and now I'm saving up for weapon sway upgrade 2 and hoping it really tightens up then. Sneaking past stuff is fun.

But after reading the non-spoiler stuff in here it sounds like I may have judged this game (2) prematurely based on the loud ranting of a friend, and I have a feeling I'll give it a shot soon after this because this (1) is good and I'm going to want more.

10. This game is a fucking snoozefest. I literally do not care about 99% of the characters. Playing as Abby just completely takes the wind out of my sails. Everything about her, and the Wolves / Scars conflict is so far removed from the main plot, it's impossible to give a shit.

I'm a huge fan of the first game, this one is really disappointing.