Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Waitaminute... the thing EVERYONE HAS KNOWN WAS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR YEARS, ever since the first trailer made it clear Ellie was a)the main protagonist and b)on a revenge mission, is what people are up in arms over?
    It’s more complicated than that. You have to play as Abby; the person the tortures, then kills Joel right in front of Ellie. Joel rescues Abby’s sorry ass just 15 minutes before that. It’s all horrible writing and even the end gets kind of stupid.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The title of the video is kind of a huge spoiler and it's right there at the top of the video screen. You should delete that shit.

More to the point:

The first game was about what Joel would do for Ellie as he learned to care about someone again. This game is about what Ellie will do to avenge Joel after he was taken from her. If the only reason you don't want to play it is because Joel dies, your missing the point.If your issue is, and I'm not saying this is your issue just talking in general to something I saw online, that Abby is transgender, well it's the fucking apocalypse and no one is doing hormone therapy and she's clearly just a very crossfit type chick who trains for combat. I could see how odd force fed social issues in a game where society collapsed would seem out of place, but Ellie has been into chicks since the DLC for the first game and Abby is a fucking well crafted character from what I've seen.
    If anyone read this spoiler, I just want to point out that THIS SPOILER IS FALSE.

Not that it should have been a problem for anyone if it were true, but there is a ton of dumb misinformation about this game out there.

I'm about 20 hours in and this game does not disappoint. I just wish there were a discord or something of people that was not filled with 90% idiots, because I am definitely into this game and 90% of the people who post about it on the internet either have not played it or only care about trivial bullshit that does not matter.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It’s more complicated than that. You have to play as Abby; the person the tortures, then kills Joel right in front of Ellie. Joel rescues Abby’s sorry ass just 15 minutes before that. It’s all horrible writing and even the end gets kind of stupid.
    Considering you're going off bullet points and haven't actually played the game you really have no way of knowing if it is horrible writing. And hell you don't even know that everything you think isn't untrue like Hero pointed out below.

Maybe stop taking your opinion from stupid gamergate types, if you had played the game and had problems afterwards you might have a point but right now you're just more of the problem.

We get it, you read some spoilers that may or may not all be true and are not happy about it. Well I've got happy news for you, you don't have to play the game nor join in conversation about it. There are a lot of other threads on this forum you might enjoy, I recommend you go to those.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Considering you're going off bullet points and haven't actually played the game you really have no way of knowing if it is horrible writing. And hell you don't even know that everything you think isn't untrue like Hero pointed out below.
    Considering the reviews were all over the place for this game it's possible that a lot of people didn't like it. Seeing the reviews overall have been a mixed bag on the negative & positive sides. A lot of people were either lukewarm or pissed about the story. Which is why that image of all these places giving this game 10 out of 10 and perfect scores smells of serious bullshit.

A lot of people like this game but a lot of people who have played the game have generally said the same thing. Game visually looks wonderful but the story is almost a low point for everyone on some aspect. I mean it's pretty sad when there are legit complaints from people who have bought the game from retailers who are posting signs being told they can't get their money back.

That's a pretty bad sign.

Also to be fair I hadn't played it so I can't judge it either way but yeah. I'm a little worried when a decent majority of people aren't happy with it. Nevermind the bullshit Naughty Dog, Sony and Muso or w/e striking people's YT channels for even TALKING about the game.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 23 Jun 2020 at 01:00 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Are people trying to return opened games? Or stores won't accept unopened returns?

6. It might instead be a sign that retailers don't want to deal with processing a bunch of bogus purchases/returns from manbabies.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Considering the reviews were all over the place for this game it's possible that a lot of people didn't like it. Seeing the reviews overall have been a mixed bag on the negative & positive sides. A lot of people were either lukewarm or pissed about the story. Which is why that image of all these places giving this game 10 out of 10 and perfect scores smells of serious bullshit.

A lot of people like this game but a lot of people who have played the game have generally said the same thing. Game visually looks wonderful but the story is almost a low point for everyone on some aspect. I mean it's pretty sad when there are legit complaints from people who have bought the game from retailers who are posting signs being told they can't get their money back.

That's a pretty bad sign.

Also to be fair I hadn't played it so I can't judge it either way but yeah. I'm a little worried when a decent majority of people aren't happy with it. Nevermind the bullshit Naughty Dog, Sony and Muso or w/e striking people's YT channels for even TALKING about the game.
    And I'm not arguing with that. I'm arguing with gamevet claiming bad writing when he's basing that entirely on bullet point spoilers some of which may not even be true. I am not far in the game and I don't doubt that some people will not like the game in some ways while playing it, but gamevet's bullshit is obnoxious.
    Last edited by bbobb; 23 Jun 2020 at 01:27 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    And I'm not arguing with that. I'm arguing with gamevet claiming bad writing when he's basing that entirely on bullet point spoilers some of which may not even be true. I am not far in the game and I don't doubt that some people will not like the game in some ways while playing it, but gamevet's bullshit is obnoxious.
    Well maybe he's got a legit reason for it. I'm not one to judge myself but I'm not gonna hate on the game until I try it. I don't come into games ready to hate them... Well that's a lie, I've never liked Poke'mon but that's just my biased from dealing in a game store that dealt with those fucking trading cards that made me hate it! lol
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    So are you saying that the game actually doesn't contain a scissoring QTE?

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Well maybe he's got a legit reason for it. I'm not one to judge myself but I'm not gonna hate on the game until I try it. I don't come into games ready to hate them... Well that's a lie, I've never liked Poke'mon but that's just my biased from dealing in a game store that dealt with those fucking trading cards that made me hate it! lol
    Did you read what I said? He doesn't have a legit reason. You can't claim bad writing based on bullet point spoilers that may not even be true. Knowing that the game is dark and violent can easily mean the game is not for you. But he continues to claim over and over again that the game is poorly written and terrible JUST based on that which gives you no feel whatsoever for the writing.

It's fine if he doesn't think he'll like it and doesn't want to play it, but enough with the bullshit he's been spewing.