Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. Stopped at the start of the 2nd chapter last night. I expected a lot. This far, it's amazing.

2. I'm not getting this game. I saw the scene that pretty much set people off and I can say that it ruined it for me. The whole storyline of this game is fucked.

This streamer destroyed his disc after the infamous scene went down. You don't actually see much of the scene in this video, but skip to 1:22 if you don't want any hints about what happened.

*Alright, the title gave a hint of what the player reacted to, so I deleted it.*

The Korean streamer got so pissed off, that he ejected the disc and cut it in half with scissors. He pulled a second disc out of the case and proceeded to cut it in half as well. He then went on to streaming Mario Kart.
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Jun 2020 at 10:55 PM.

3. The title of the video is kind of a huge spoiler and it's right there at the top of the video screen. You should delete that shit.

More to the point:

The first game was about what Joel would do for Ellie as he learned to care about someone again. This game is about what Ellie will do to avenge Joel after he was taken from her. If the only reason you don't want to play it is because Joel dies, your missing the point.If your issue is, and I'm not saying this is your issue just talking in general to something I saw online, that Abby is transgender, well it's the fucking apocalypse and no one is doing hormone therapy and she's clearly just a very crossfit type chick who trains for combat. I could see how odd force fed social issues in a game where society collapsed would seem out of place, but Ellie has been into chicks since the DLC for the first game and Abby is a fucking well crafted character from what I've seen.

Do yourself a favor and don't let the cliff notes turn you off. This game tells that story in such a real and human way that most media doesn't touch. It's going to go down as one of the defining games of this generation and you're wrong to listen to that user score on metacritic, those are short sighted responses to not liking one of two things that are, to be blunt, totally fine ideas that are executed RIDICULOUSLY WELL.
    Last edited by Opaque; 20 Jun 2020 at 10:29 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The title of the video is kind of a huge spoiler and it's right there at the top of the video screen. You should delete that shit.

More to the point:

The first game was about what Joel would do for Ellie as he learned to care about someone again. This game is about what Ellie will do to avenge Joel after he was taken from her. If the only reason you don't want to play it is because Joel dies, your missing the point.If your issue is, and I'm not saying this is your issue just talking in general to something I saw online, that Abby is transgender, well it's the fucking apocalypse and no one is doing hormone therapy and she's clearly just a very crossfit type chick who trains for combat. I could see how odd force fed social issues in a game where society collapsed would seem out of place, but Ellie has been into chicks since the DLC for the first game and Abby is a fucking well crafted character from what I've seen.

Do yourself a favor and don't let the cliff notes turn you off. This game tells that story in such a real and human way that most media doesn't touch. It's going to go down as one of the defining games of this generation and you're wrong to listen to that user score on metacritic, those are short sighted responses to not liking one of two things that are, to be blunt, totally fine ideas that are executed RIDICULOUSLY WELL.
    I don't give a shit if Abby is transgender. It's that Abby kills Joel (a character I was highly invested into and liked) and then somewhere down the line you have to play as this character that you despise. I've also heard that they don't tell you why Abby killed Joel in the game, though I've heard rummbling of it having to do with him killing someone in Abbys group.

I didn't read any of those Metacritic user reviews. I was just warned that I'd be highly disappointed with the storyline. I tried to avoid the leaked videos, but I finally saw the one clip that I'd heard a lot of people describe. I guess if they really wanted to make the story more about Ellie, Joel had to die. It's just that he was tortured to death while Ellie forced to watch, that really pissed me off. It was a cowardly act, which made me hate Abby even more.
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Jun 2020 at 11:08 PM.

5. It kind of seems like the whole point is to agitate the player and provide motivation for the actions taken within the game. It's a feature not a bug.
    People sure are particular about the plot points in a game about dirty homeless people killing each other.

6. I just can't see myself investing game time into a cowardly character that I despise. The Fireflys weren't doing humanity a favor by performing guinea pig opererations on people either.
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Jun 2020 at 11:45 PM.

7. I gotta play more, the spoilers are EVERYWHERE! What the hell is up with all the user hate? Game seems super well done to me. I know something shitty happens but does it really tank the rest of the game? I did spoil that there’s some type of Raiden/Snake, Chief/Arbiter bullshit but I wouldnt think that would upset people that much.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. If you ever needed an example of why Metacritic has two review sources, this us why. So you can see that ridiculous internet review bombing can happen for stupid fucking reasons. This game is a near masterpiece and it's getting user reviewed to hell, in triple the number the first game got, for nonsense short sighted reasons. Imagine giving a Kobe Beef Steak a 3/10 because it's not Lobster, a total different meat that you decided is the only one you're going to like. That's what is happening here.

I just did my first major open are and it was so fucking incredible. The world building here is amazing and the conversations during explore that Uncharted and TLoU were known for are at their best in this game.
    Last edited by Opaque; 21 Jun 2020 at 11:24 AM.

9. If you’re a streamer and your reaction to any game is to eject the disc midway and cut it in half, there’s a lot wrong with you that I don’t think reflects anything on the game.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. I got to The Scene last night, and it was very effective. Even knowing it was coming it succeeds.

So far everything is great. I don’t know why people would feel the need to trash this.
    Boo, Hiss.