Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. The 1st game was pretty violent, but from what I’ve seen, there appears to be a lot more blood splashing as wounds occur.

Happy Console Gamer says that he likes it even more than the 1st game. I might just buy it after all.

2. The first game is super serious and hella violent, I'm halfway through my 4th play through and I'm wondering if people have forgotten shit like being attacked by an ambush, killing all your attackers, finding their room filled with the people they killed and robbed, then later finding the pile of burnt bodies and then watching an ex militarily vehicle roam around a city and murder everyone it sees.

Like the final chapter is literally Joel killing every Firefly and medic inside a hospital. It's violet as fuck.

3. Just checked Metacritic, Part II has a fucking 96 after 86 reviews.

I think it's safe to say it's not bad. It appears to be, on paper at least, totally great.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Just checked Metacritic, Part II has a fucking 96 after 86 reviews.

I think it's safe to say it's not bad. It appears to be, on paper at least, totally great.
    It's good to hear.

I'm really looking forward to it, it's just hard to tell how much what I'm hearing is distorted by some of the offbeat Facebook groups and Twitter niches that I belong to.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. I've heard that it improves over the first in pretty much every way and has a better sense of exploration.

6. I checked in today, it's pretty much just Bob Mackey trolling Neil Druckmann at this point.

Mackey sucks.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The first game is super serious and hella violent, I'm halfway through my 4th play through and I'm wondering if people have forgotten shit like being attacked by an ambush, killing all your attackers, finding their room filled with the people they killed and robbed, then later finding the pile of burnt bodies and then watching an ex militarily vehicle roam around a city and murder everyone it sees.

Like the final chapter is literally Joel killing every Firefly and medic inside a hospital. It's violet as fuck.
    I don't recall most of the killing being done with a knife to the throat, or an axe chopping off limbs. It was mostly choking or a quick slice of the throat for close encounters, not brutal stabs to the juggular with blood spraying everywhere. Previews I've seen, show a man hanging by his neck while they are literally gutting him with a knife. The writers were going for a much darker image of humanity, including Ellie being even more sadistic than she was in the 1st game.

8. I can believe they turned it up a notch, but the first game wasn't PG13 is all I'm saying.

9. It definitely wasn't. I'm surprised that some of the footage on Youtube didn't get some kind of explicit warning, for the original game. But, then again, you can watch a Youtube video of a guy bleeding out.

10. I'm 4 hours in and no spoilers, this game is fucking amazing.

If what happens in the early hours of the game was presented to me in bullet point format I wouldn't have resonated with it, and I can understand how people who only read leaks might have had negative opinions. Also, since I'm only 4 hours in, maybe I haven't even got to the shit people got mad about. Playing throguh it though? Holy fuck is this good story telling and world building.

They can do anything for the rest of the game and if its this thought out and well crafted I'll love it