Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Did you read what I said?
    I did. I'm just saying he might have a legit reason and to him these bullet points might be one of the reasons he doesn't want to play it.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. And that's fine, I didn't say he needs to be forced to play the game, what I said is that he needs to stop claiming bad writing since bullet points in no way convey what the actual writing is, and it's not even certain that all of them are even true.

Why do you purposely not read what I'm actually saying repeatedly? I have said that in pretty much every post I believe. I mean just a couple posts up:

I'm arguing with gamevet claiming bad writing when he's basing that entirely on bullet point spoilers some of which may not even be true.
    Are you truly being purposely obtuse? Or are you just trolling me to see if you can find another excuse to give me a bullshit card?
    Last edited by bbobb; 23 Jun 2020 at 01:46 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I'm really anxious to see whether this game sticks the landing. So far, it is just leagues, and I mean LEAGUES beyond the first game in terms of content.

And for anyone who loves the kind of low-key world building in the System Shock/Bioshock games, this game is a fucking feast and a half.

I know that it's become cliche to say that "I had to put the controller down" when I reached a certain point in the game, but when I reached the boat scene...

I had to put the controller down.

The game is good, y'all.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post

Are you truly being purposely obtuse? Or are you just trolling me to see if you can find another excuse to give me a bullshit card?
    No I just don't agree with your reasons. If you want another card I can give you one out of affection. <3

5. You aren't even reading what I'm arguing, so how can you disagree with my reasons?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You aren't even reading what I'm arguing, so how can you disagree with my reasons?
    Because in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Does gamevet's opinion on something hold that much weight with you? Even tho I don't agree with you a lot of the time on some things, I can still respect you enough to not lose any sleep over any argument or disagreement we might have had.

We're just a bunch of old men who enjoy different aspects of gaming. I know you like some stuff I don't and vice versa. I just would rather you guys all get along as people who've been here for years instead of just low-key insulting them. My life isn't affected by someone else's feelings about a game and yours shouldn't either.

To me you're the guy with the biggest complete boxed GBA collection I know of. Hell even when I'm out in the wild shopping, I find complete games and wonder if you have them or not, case in point those copies of Sonic Advance 1 & 2. I think you should just relax more and just ignore some people if they legit upset you.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 24 Jun 2020 at 12:31 AM.

7. Yall mother fuckers are garbage.

8. Where the heck have you been Chux?

9. Manbabies spamming spoilers ruined one of the first big major plot moments for me, but I am kind of relieved it wasn't the end.

I don't know what people are on, this game seems incredible so far. I guess we'll see.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    And I'm not arguing with that. I'm arguing with gamevet claiming bad writing when he's basing that entirely on bullet point spoilers some of which may not even be true. I am not far in the game and I don't doubt that some people will not like the game in some ways while playing it, but gamevet's bullshit is obnoxious.
    I wanted to ignore the leaked footage of TLOU 2, because the 1st game is pretty much my favorite game of the last 10 years. Then, some friends brought up that I might want to check out the leaks, because it's really bad. I finally caved in days before the release and watched the video that upset everyone, including me. Joel was pretty much like my videogame father. Seeing him beaten to death had me pretty upset, just like I'd lost a member of my own family. Then I find out that a good portion of the game has to be played with Abby. It's like telling a family, that they have to go visit the guy that murdered their father, for a required 10 hours of visitation time. Who the fuck would want to do that?

Now lets take a look at Abby. Abby isn't even remotely a realistic character. She's got a body builder's physique, which would require countless hours in the gym, good nutrition and supplements to achieve that build. In a world where everyone is scrounging for food and supplies, while trying to stay alive, that ain't happening, unless her daddy was Bruce Banner. She's also pretty much what one would describe as a psychopath, who even goes so far as to kill her former peers (the people she ate, slept and hunted with for years), all the while they are screaming her name in desperation and she shows no remorse. This is a character we are supposed to have symphathy for, yet there's no reason to even feel that, after seeing her actions unfold.

Now let's get to Ellie. She hunts down and kills all of the people involved with Abby's group. She sheds a tear or two along the way, but she's brutal in her slayings of these people. She has Abby dead to rights, tied to a crucifix and could have easily shot Abby with a couple of arrows and told the bitch to die a slow and painful death. Nope, she doesn't do that. She unties her (Unlike how cripple Joel got treated) so she can kill her with her bare hands, because everyone wants to do that. She ends up getting her fingers bit off, while she's drowning the bitch and starts reminisces about Joel playing his guitar. That should have fueled her ending of Abby, but instead she just lets go. Hardly what I'd call a good ending, or actions that made any sense. The cry for empathy fell on deaf ears.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Jun 2020 at 09:25 PM.