Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. You're more at risk of infection from getting a tooth pulled than getting a tattoo, jeez. What a weird sheltered midwesterner thing to zero in on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I can't believe we haven't talked about this game through any of the news these last 4 years.

Anyhow, the indefinite delay ended up only being about 3 extra weeks, new release date is June 19th. I have to wonder if the recent leaks had anything to do with them picking that date.
    Last edited by Opaque; 01 May 2020 at 10:40 AM.

I will continue ignoring everything about this game so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You're more at risk of infection from getting a tooth pulled than getting a tattoo, jeez. What a weird sheltered midwesterner thing to zero in on.
    Probably not in post apocalyptic world.

Not that it matters. Kids are stupid. Do stupid shit.

5. Naughty Dog is really, really trying to kick the hornets nests with all these DMCA take downs on youtube which they keep losing.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. At this point I'm legit worried I'm gonna find out spoilers weeks before the game is even released. The internet is trying really hard to let me know they exist and I'm just trying to not wander anywhere related to this anymore.

7. I have read the story breakdown for this, and it's highly disappointing woke garbage. I won't spoil it for you though, Naughty Dog is doing a fine job of that.

8. I said fuck it, after several people told me I was going to be sorely disappointed with what Naughty Dog did with the sequel. I delved into it and I've pretty much decided that there is no way I'm going to pay for that bullshit. I'll just say this. Remember all of the questions that were stirred up by the 1st preview clip for the game at an E3 many years ago? And I'll just leave it at that.

9. I wasn't expecting the game to provide so much of its entertainment value for free.

10. I'm not specifically concerned with what the story is, just how it's told. I'm avoiding spoilers, but I also know sometimes just reading bullet points makes things sound better and sometimes it makes them sound worse.

How this game plays and tells it's story is more important to me than the plot points, because I've seen first hand how Naughty Dog can take a story about hallucinogenic chemicals in an ancient water supply and keep me engrossed for 10 straight hours of Indiana Jones incredibleness. The plot points of the first game in this series, for example, do the actual story telling no justice at all. You can boil the last chapter down to Joel kills everyone in the Hosptial to take back Ellie and it completely ignores all the nuance and character development that leads to that plot point and gives it gravity.

I'll continue to trust Naughty Dogs story telling until I actually play a game of theirs that comes up short. So far, since the first Uncharted, they've nailed it every time.