Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Yall mother fuckers are garbage.
    The last of us 2

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Manbabies spamming spoilers ruined one of the first big major plot moments for me, but I am kind of relieved it wasn't the end.

I don't know what people are on, this game seems incredible so far. I guess we'll see.
    It really sucks. Everyone, everywhere, has been so hostile that unless you day one'd this game, the first couple major plot points have been ruined. Its on facebook, and youtube recs.

3. It was spoiled for me a month ago so even day oneing meant nothing

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    a bunch of bullshit phony spoilers
    Look, man. I get it. You have a lot of expectations going into this game, and there's been a lot of prerelease speculation and negative chatter based upon misrepresented summaries of the game, or flat-out phony spoilers that were released. Let me give you a piece of advice.

Just play the game.

If you have faith in ND, have faith that they will pull this off, even if it may not be quite the story that you expected.

I know that there is a lot of chatter about "how bad gamers are" but the vast, vast majority of people who play games are normal people who are not invested in being toxic and horrible to people on the internet based upon their gender and beliefs. And they will buy and play this game and enjoy it and, if perchance they become exposed to some part of LBGT+ representation that they never thought about because of this game and become more empathetic or aware about it in some ancillary way, that's kind of a neat thing for a big bucks AAA video game about a zombie apocalypse to do!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. So, this game is serious business?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    So, this game is serious business?
    It's caused a lot of people to like it or either hate it mainly due to the story.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. I just hit the halfway point. Anyone who knows spoilers knows what I'm into now.

I. Fucking. Love. It.

In any other game you'd need DLC to experience the other side of the story. We get a game longer than the first which shows us the entire thing from both sides? Super dope. I immediately empathize with Abby. She went cross country to kill the man who killed her dad, compared to Ellie who did the same journey to kill EVERYONE who killed her father figure. Showing both sides is really driving home that the difference between good and bad in this world is just who you're surviving with. Really cool and so far extremely well done.

Also the inside of the stadium was incredible.
    Last edited by Opaque; 25 Jun 2020 at 01:39 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Look, man. I get it. You have a lot of expectations going into this game, and there's been a lot of prerelease speculation and negative chatter based upon misrepresented summaries of the game, or flat-out phony spoilers that were released. Let me give you a piece of advice.

Just play the game.

If you have faith in ND, have faith that they will pull this off, even if it may not be quite the story that you expected.

I know that there is a lot of chatter about "how bad gamers are" but the vast, vast majority of people who play games are normal people who are not invested in being toxic and horrible to people on the internet based upon their gender and beliefs. And they will buy and play this game and enjoy it and, if perchance they become exposed to some part of LBGT+ representation that they never thought about because of this game and become more empathetic or aware about it in some ancillary way, that's kind of a neat thing for a big bucks AAA video game about a zombie apocalypse to do!
    I’m glad you like it. That’s cool. I’m just throwing in my 2 cents on why some people don’t like it.

I just can’t have sympathy for certain characters, because it feels forced. It also dumbs down a couple of characters into a situation that they would never put themselves into. Also, as a fan of the 1st game, I just can’t do it. It just makes everything that was done by the characters in the 1st game look really bad. Also, being forced to do extremely graphic killings to drive home the narrative isn’t my cup of tea.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Jun 2020 at 10:08 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It just makes everything that was done by the characters in the 1st game look really bad.
    This is the truth.

To me, that's the incredible part of this game. In so many ways Joel is the villain of the first game, in so many ways Ellie is the villain of the second game.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I just hit the halfway point. Anyone who knows spoilers knows what I'm into now.

I. Fucking. Love. It.

In any other game you'd need DLC to experience the other side of the story. We get a game longer than the first which shows us the entire thing from both sides? Super dope. I immediately empathize with Abby. She went cross country to kill the man who killed her dad, compared to Ellie who did the same journey to kill EVERYONE who killed her father figure. Showing both sides is really driving home that the difference between good and bad in this world is just who you're surviving with. Really cool and so far extremely well done.

Also the inside of the stadium was incredible.
    It gets better.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood