Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let it Die (PS4)

1. I want to like this game but I don't know if I do like it enough. It has all the parts of a roguelike game that I don't like - bland construction-block environments, lots of material and level grinding. I don't particularly like the combat, either.

I love the style, though. It makes me feel like I'm playing Dreamcast again.

2. The gameplay portions feel like a gritty remake of Crimson Tears. I would probably like it a lot more if the attack execution was faster and there wasn't durability on everything.

I do like that they're at least fully embracing the lack of a fourth wall this time instead of saving it for awkward, out of place dick jokes, so it feels more consistent overall. The old school tracking effects, boot up, and videos are also all pretty neat. It feels pretty forced beyond that, but I guess it wouldn't be a Grasshopper game if it wasn't.

I'm a bit of a sucker for roguelike adventure games so I'll probably play this a bit more than it's worth. At least the combat isn't much worse than their usual fare.

3. The first main boss encounter on level 10 is damn good stuff, kooky Suda presentation at its best, and the game really opens up in the areas right after that. The maps are more spread out, open-air, and a significant visual departure from the sewer tunnels of the first set, and the game introduces long-range guns and new mushrooms that give you stuff like temporary invisibility and decoy dummies. Enables a bit more gameplay variety, you can stealth it up through most areas past that point if you're so inclined, and you don't have to get right in the enemies' face for every encounter.

Slow attack speeds become less of an issue the more you unlock fighters with higher stats, too. There's a lot less wind-up on the earlier weapons once your DEX or AGI goes past where you were in the first set of levels. Of course, they introduce ones that will be slow until you reach the next tier... I just got a huge executioner axe that has an UNGODLY start-up. Took it through some of the low-level enemies to test it out and it was doing 1000+ damage, that'll be hot when I unlock tier 3 characters and level 'em up.

HOT TIP: If you're not sneaking up behind enemies with their back turned to you, piledriving them, and giving them a few stomps if they still have life in 'em, you're playin' wrong.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 08 Dec 2016 at 02:46 PM.

4. Heads up: If you are on team California we are about to wreck Canada. Make sure to do some raids so you get the rewards!

5. The spoils from those big TDM fights are legit. GA won one the other day against NC. I can't even claim the SPLithium reward in my inbox yet, because it's bigger than my current tank limit.

6. Didn't think I'd be into this, but I'm into it

7. Only managed to do one raid before it started giving me the "can't find a target" nonsense. Hope I can get some in later.

On the bright side I unlocked all the fighter types.