Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man Homecoming July 2017

1. SSJN makes a good point.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    the (first two) Raimi/Maguire movies... are classics that will stand decades from now among the pantheon of all-time great movies - not just superhero movies mind you, movies in general.
    Easy.

3. I really like Spider-man 2.

It's no citizen kane though.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Citizen Kane is no "Citizen Kane". People have the wrong idea about its significance. No critic actually thinks it's the greatest movie ever made (how sad would it be if it were - that would mean the medium had stagnated for, what, 70 some-odd years?); it's just the first movie that proved movies could be art. (And probably not even REALLY the first, just the first to get attention for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Incorrect, Citizen Kane is a masterpiece to this day. I don't know if I'd say it's the greatest movie ever made but it is one of the greatest.

And you're incorrect about critics, actually a good number do still see it as the greatest movie ever made and it's not even CLOSE to the first movie that proved movies could be art, nor even CLOSE to the first to get attention for it.

You're just flat out wrong, like flat earther level of wrong to the point that there's no reason to continue arguing with you on it.

Wasn't it the first to do a ton of camera moves, and audio edits that are used in every movie today? I always thought that's why people make such a deal out of it.

7. Correct, it was innovative in a large number of ways not always the first movie to do a lot of things but the first Hollywood movie to do a lot of them.

8. It's a classic film. If somebody's trying to be halfway literate about movies it's a good one to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Citizen Kane is no "Citizen Kane". People have the wrong idea about its significance.
    No other movie in the world has received more critical attention than Citizen Kane.
    No critic actually thinks it's the greatest movie ever made
    "The*Sight & Sound*accolade has come to be regarded as one of the most important of the 'greatest ever film' polls.*Roger Ebert described it as 'by far the most respected of the countless polls of great movies—the only one most serious movie people take seriously.'"
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 12 Jul 2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: It dropped to #2 in 2012--won't let me post any more pics.

10. Needs more Ikiru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!