Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man Homecoming July 2017

1. I really hope this is actually used as Spidey's theme music within the body of the movie - y'know, to be played whenever he makes a dramatic entrance or does something especially heroic - and not just used to close out the credits or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Just got screening passes for this tomorrow night, WOOT WOOT.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I bet you a shiny Stan Lee penny that it's Amazing Spider-Man bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Early comments say it's the quality of the first 2 movies.

5. It was good. Not Guardians of the Galaxy good but still quite enjoyable. Michael Keaton is fantastic in it and I really liked the young, bumbling, trying to figure out how to do the hero thing of this spider-man. It really felt like he was a kid in this, unlike any of the previous spider-man movies.

Also, the very end stinger was PERFECT.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Spoilers or gtfo?

7. What do you want spoiled? It doesn't really go any surprising places, oh except Fucking Zendaya is actually playing MJ, but see her name is Michelle now so it's not Mary Jane. God I fucking hate movie marketing people that pull shit like that, then have the actors swear up and down she's not playing Mary Jane.

Actually, there's one thing in the movie that did surprise me a bit but I think it's best left for when you see it as they played it really well in the film. It's not that major of universe thing or anything, just a good twist.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Michael Keaton is fantastic in it and I really liked the young, bumbling, trying to figure out how to do the hero thing of this spider-man. It really felt like he was a kid in this, unlike any of the previous spider-man movies.
    Heard all of this is 100% true, especially about Keaton. Apparently the Vulture finally breaks the streak of lame, shallow, "evil for the sake of being evil" Marvel villains that we've been served non-stop after Loki.

I still pray daily for Doctor Doom, however.

As for this new Spidey, I hear that he finally gets both aspects of the character right. IMO, the Rami movies nailed Peter but not Spidey, and the Amazing movies nailed Spidey and not Peter. Word is that Tom Holland plays both perfectly.

Also, the very end stinger was PERFECT.
    Heard that too. I'm really looking forward to this movie.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Heard all of this is 100% true, especially about Keaton. Apparently the Vulture finally breaks the streak of lame, shallow, "evil for the sake of being evil" Marvel villains that we've been served non-stop after Loki.

I still pray daily for Doctor Doom, however.

As for this new Spidey, I hear that he finally gets both aspects of the character right. IMO, the Rami movies nailed Peter but not Spidey, and the Amazing movies nailed Spidey and not Peter. Word is that Tom Holland plays both perfectly.
    Well, Michael Keaton does get a little mustache twirly at times but yeah he does have a more developed back story that helps a lot.

10. What's the stinger?