Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Just because my emotional response isn't the same as yours, does not mean I "don't get it"
    You are definitely not getting it.

They created human (not clones) slaves that are genetically superior to their creators. Knowing that these super human beings could be a problem, they are prohibited from being on Earth and owning any sort of replicated creature is borderline illegal as well. The creators put a very short life-line on the replicants, to prevent them taking over, should they find a way to do so. And that's what set off the events that unfolded in the 1st movie and the 2nd movie appears to be about what the creators feared would happen.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Oct 2017 at 09:40 PM.

2. Basic pleasure model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I'd buy that for a $1.

4. Either I'm having some wicked deja vu or IP is trolling by copy/posta -ing some shit that was said here years ago.

5. IronPlant, I support you in your push for equal rights for replicants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Oh good, I was worried something was artful.
    Definitely wasn’t artful, it was a shit relationship. Another reason why I would have rather they left those characters in the first movie.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You are definitely not getting it.
    This is not proof I'm not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    They created human (not clones) slaves that are genetically superior to their creators. Knowing that these super human beings could be a problem, they are prohibited from being on Earth and owning any sort of replicated creature is borderline illegal as well. The creators put a very short life-line on the replicants, to prevent them taking over, should they find a way to do so. And that's what set off the events that unfolded in the 1st movie and the 2nd movie appears to be about what the creators feared would happen.
    You're lost in the details. My summary is valid. Its 2 hours of commentary on capitalism run rampant. Humans by Monsanto.

Maybe the two of you don't like that the franchise can be boiled down into two or three sentences, but that is on you. It doesn't mean there is anything else to get. The movies are dumber for the changes they made to the source material.

The question of "what is human" is far more interesting when they are part machine and part human. When they are humans grown in machines with slight alterations to DNA, much of that debate vanishes and instead you're left with a boring dystopia where a company can hold ownership over humans because of copyright and ambiguous interpretations on what constitutes citizenship. Stories about the Ship of Theseus are far more interesting than "hey, capitalism is dicks"
    Last edited by Fe 26; 08 Oct 2017 at 10:01 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Definitely wasn’t artful, it was a shit relationship. Another reason why I would have rather they left those characters in the first movie.
    Of course it was a shit relationship, they were both (mostly) emotionless constructs. That doesn't preclude it being *interesting*.

Couldn't be something along the lines of "anytime a source of human capital can be exploited, it will be, and denied human rights until it demands them by force?"

10. I thought it was interesting that "K" didn't care about the woke replicants at all one way or another, he just wanted to finish out his quest.