Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81820212223 LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

1. That's no way to talk about you mom IP.

2. I watched this film in IMAX on opening night, saw it again last night on a cheap screen. The IMAX experience really was something, I hope everyone who wanted to see it like that had a chance to see it. It was so much awe-inspiring than the fuzzy cheap screen. I look forward to watching it in 4K at home.
    I want to catch a Dolby Cinema screening, too, but I don't know if I'll find the opportunity to do that.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

I'm watching this either tonight or tomorrow, was tapped out on funds from wedding stuff last week. If a slow paced movie like the original didn't do so hot in the theaters back then, I can only imagine how bad this will bomb now when what passes for movies are catered to the ADD crowd.

Read the last few pages, what the fuck? If they were robots with robot parts, why use the Voight-Kampf test? Just scan the fuckers.

And yes, the technology exists in this universe to make a sentient being from scratch. The weird asian guy made eyes, remember? These aren't clones made in a lab. Artists/scientists make the individual parts which are then put together. IIRC Tyrell makes the minds, seeded with fabricated memories. Was that easy to miss?

And no, that semantics change does nothing to affect the story at all.

It's about what it means to be human. We start the movie thinking Deckard is human and that Roy is basically a robot. Through the course of the movie, Deckard loses his humanity and Rutger gains it. The entire end sequence of ascension is symbolic of this. Deckard keeps looking for a way up and struggles, while Roy quite easily makes it and then does the most human thing of all and decides to save somebody else, someone who had been his tormentor. Then he shares his memories and dies, the even most human thing ever. I think a light might even shine down on him at this point but it's been a while.

The first movie is nothing without Rutget Hauer.

5. It depends on which cut you watch. Roy releases a dove from his hand seconds before dying, as a symbol that his spirit is being flown to the heavens.

6. I watched Blade Runner again this morning and 2049 this evening I think they are really great companion pieces. I also want to marry his ai gf.

Sorry nobody can figure out symbology in movies unless they make a cliffhanger by standing someone on a cliff lul ep 7

The more new releases I see the more and more I love Birdman
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I watched the original Blade Runner last night for the first time in ages. It's actually a little better than I remember, but it's still a movie that's mostly visuals and Rutger Hauer.

Gonna go see the new jam this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    And yes, the technology exists in this universe to make a sentient being from scratch. The weird asian guy made eyes, remember? These aren't clones made in a lab. Artists/scientists make the individual parts which are then put together. IIRC Tyrell makes the minds, seeded with fabricated memories. Was that easy to miss?

And no, that semantics change does nothing to affect the story at all.
    Its easy to miss because it is stupid. Like artisanal organic car tires. Why would anyone go to that kind of trouble when we already know that somewhere in our dna is the code for eyeballs?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 15 Oct 2017 at 11:59 AM.

10. Maybe DNA wasn't a buzzword when the the original movie was made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!