Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

Ah, so the bar is "not be horrible"

Yes, it wasn't horrible. But it was forgettable. I will never watch it again if left to my own devices and desires. It will have to be one of those "the only thing on at fam's house" kind of things, and even then tremors or the fifth element will be on probably.

Have they remade tremors yet? That seems kind of obvious in the current anti intellectual pro rural American climate of today. Cross promote by making the two dudes really sexy. Or the redneck from walking dead that girls oddly like .

3. Kevin Bacon is doing a Tremors TV show for some network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. The last movie (5) came out in 2015.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The new one forgot to have jokes, yeah, but at least it kinda realized who the original joke was on.

It's not amazing, but as far as 21st century remakes go, just about every other one is much, much worse.
    Yeah, most are. Notable exceptions: Battlestar Galactica & Planet of the Apes

Battlestar Galactica wasn't that good. I think people will see that in another 5 years.

7. I hate being that guy, but it's far better than a lot of sci fi out there. It absolutely went to pot the last couple of seasons or half seasons or whatever you want to call them. But I've watched it beginning to end 3x since it aired and aside from the things I complained about back when it aired (constant crying balthar and shit like that) it hasn't soured for me yet.

The show felt unnatural to me. People go through a grieving process for loss. And people cope in different ways like dark humor.

I think I watched 6 episodes of the first season and people never dealt or got over shit. The overall feeling was tense and depressed and you didn't get a variety of coping attitudes. It felt unnatural and like bad writing.

I hate to be a weeaboo but the original macros did a better job of showing how humans cope with that scenario. People rebuilt. They try to recreate normalcy. Some joined the military to gain a sense of control over their now ruined lives.

The new Battlestar was just way too flat in how it wrote people. Like a soap opera for men.

9. Everything is a soap opera. Not saying that as a defense, but it's how it is these days.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Battlestar Galactica wasn't that good. I think people will see that in another 5 years.
    So, when it's 19 years old instead of 14 people will see it wasn't that good?

Best sci-fi TV show in the history of television, IMHO.

(Edited to reply to what you wrote)

Personally, I think it's probably difficult to prognosticate how devastated you'd be if your family was murdered, humanity across (12?) planets has basically ended, you're being chased by a superior race that wants you eradicated and had no time to prepare for that while trying to escape on a ship that's so old it's being decommissioned with a bunch of other ships that can't defend themselves.

I'd be depressed too. That darkness makes the triumphs that much more satisfying. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    Last edited by haohmaru; 18 Sep 2017 at 06:48 AM.