Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

1. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    The cinematography in this movie is amazing. I definitely enjoyed it but there's no excuse for it to drag on so long. This could have been 45 minutes shorter.
    They kept it faithful to the original is what you're saying.
    p.s. most of this conversation seem like it belongs in the bong rips thread.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I never got the impression that replicants were simple clones grown in a lab. The individual biological parts where created ("I just do eyes") and put together ala Frankenstein. So, robots will all organic parts, not clones, IMO.
    Me neither. This is more in line with my thinking.

I suppose this would make it possible for a replicant to be born in a replicant womb?

I don't really care that much either way, however.
    Me neither.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Talking about something else that you do care about is always an option. You guys don't have to humor every stupid thought that leaves my fingers. You're the captain of your own ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    They kept it faithful to the original is what you're saying.
    Nah, being 45 minutes shorter would make it faithful.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Talking about something else that you do care about is always an option. You guys don't have to humor every stupid thought that leaves my fingers.
    Unlike most of TNL, I give no real shits about your thoughts. I was more just chiming in on the general conversation.

Honestly, I'm not even a big fan of the original Blade Runner. It had very pretty visuals and fantastic atmosphere and design aesthetic, but the story and characters did absolutely nothing for me. I don't dislike it, it's nice to look at, and Rutger Hauer was great, but otherwise...eh.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I don't really beleive they started from scratch. People don't start from scratch when they open a restaurant. The recipes have a starting point from somewhere else. They don't sample 50 types of meat before they settle back on beef for a hamburger.

As complicated as human dna is, it seems unlikely they would just start assembling random shit until they built something like a human. Anything other than starting with samples from the owner or workers or buying a sperm samples or blood bank samples ect seems like nonsense. No one would go to the trouble of starting from scratch.
    That certainly is a way to look at it. There's not really any supporting evidence either way so it doesn't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Though Tyrell being unable to beat the 5 year life span in their design speaks to them being created instead of cloned. They're built to be better, stronger, faster, but that burns them out faster by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    There's not really any supporting evidence either way so it doesn't really matter.
    other than real life, yes, no supporting evidence

9. Why should real life be an automatic basis for fiction?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Wow, this thread sure got retarded.

BTW, the movie bombed. No one outside of internet sci-fi geeks cares about Blade Runner, shockingly enough.
    I love the hindsight wisdom on why it bombed. I didn’t even know it came out this weekend BTW. But if Terminator gets an infinite amount of sequels Bladerunner can handle one or two as well.