Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. That person died during a promo video for it and I think it just kinda got put out without much fanfare.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I wanted to like Steep. The controls always felt weird.
    It definitely took a little while to get comfy with it. I wanted to play it like SSX at first but when that goes away and it clicks it feels real good. Imo, of course.

3. 11. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

I'm not quite as blown away as I thought I would be, but this was good. It's another game that I played bits and pieces of as a kid but never played through. The dungeons start brief but maybe get too long for their own good by the game's end (I think the combat is pretty one-note and the dungeons are a bit too samey), but there are some neat puzzles and the overworld is great and full of memorable locations and side-stuff. The bosses generally have cool designs but are a bit too basic.

4. Have you played Link Between Worlds, Tain? It cuts a lot of the fat off of LttP and has punchier combat.

5. I haven't, but I may eventually. Still gotta play through Link's Awakening too.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Have you played Link Between Worlds, Tain? It cuts a lot of the fat off of LttP and has punchier combat.
    I'm not much of a fan of LttP, but LBW is my favorite behind the I & II. It's so good! I think Tain would really dig it, and I hope he'll prioritize so I can hear his take.
    Last edited by Vasteel; 17 Apr 2017 at 03:38 AM.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

Nostalgia won't let me say that it's better than LttP, but it probably is.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Have you played Link Between Worlds, Tain? It cuts a lot of the fat off of LttP and has punchier combat.
    Overrated

9. 11) Resogun (PS4)
    Got a 1CC on the Experienced difficulty.

10. 1. Zelda Breath of the Wild.

It sure had some annoying parts and it took a while for me to warm up to the breaking weapons, but this game.
    This Game.
    I've never liked Zelda.
    I've never liked open world.
    I loved just about every minute of This Game. I enjoyed the story because it was mostly Link Sees A Thing In The Distance And Goes Towards It. There were just enough cut scenes to flesh out why you were doing what you were doing without it being heavy handed.
    I was going to form a post bitching about how much talk there is about the necessity of "story" in games these days. Maybe I still will. But the premise is that games, be it sports, table, whatever, were built around the play. You don't need a story for Chess or Go. Why are video games saddled with crap stories then? What mainline Mario game was made better because of the story attached to it? Want to tell a story? Go write a book. I want PLAY to be the main purpose of my games. Bah Humbug.

Anyway, this may be my GoaT.