Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. 14. Prey (2017)

Hard mode. This was fucking great. I think that, mechanically, this is the best game of its kind, topping Shock 2 and Deus Ex. The setting and plot isn't quite as good as the original Bioshock's, but it's up there. The more free-roaming world is awesome and detailed, the ~Thief-style climbing~ is a blast and well accounted for in the design, the hacking is tolerable through to the end, the flexible plot is pretty dope (though not quite as naturally bendable as Deus Ex, probably), and there's even a form of crafting that I don't hate! The only real bad to say about it is that so many of the enemies are dull-looking shadow blobs.
    Last edited by Tain; 20 May 2017 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    If it weren't for that one dungeon I'd disagree. That's the best part of the game.
    Tell me more about that one dungeon. Phantom Hourglass always looked intriguing but I played Spirit Tracks for like an hour and was like fuck this so never went back and tried it.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    14. Prey (2017)

Hard mode. This was fucking great. I think that, mechanically, this is the best game of its kind, topping Shock 2 and Deus Ex. The setting and plot isn't quite as good as the original Bioshock's, but it's up there. The more free-roaming world is awesome and detailed, the ~Thief-style climbing~ is a blast and well accounted for in the design, the hacking is tolerable through to the end, the flexible plot is pretty dope (though not quite as naturally bendable as Deus Ex, probably), and there's even a form of crafting that I don't hate! The only real bad to say about it is that so many of the enemies are dull-looking shadow blobs.
    Would you say Hard is the at to go? I am excited

4. I haven't tried Nightmare, but Hard was good. I think in a game like this you'll always have stretches where you feel overpowered, but they really started piling on the enemies later on and it kept me on my toes.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I haven't tried Nightmare, but Hard was good. I think in a game like this you'll always have stretches where you feel overpowered, but they really started piling on the enemies later on and it kept me on my toes.
    Yeah, I'm about 8-10 hours into this game and Hard feels like the right difficulty balance. Just got the experimental laser beam weapon. Even with the ability to recycle items, i'm always short of ammo. At this stage the game really forces you to specialize in skills and weapons.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

1. Prey (No Needles, PC)

Name:  bac67f7ccf551d1e70bc54cc989ba1ba139f5b41.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  2.9 KB

I was able to finish my No Needles (no powers) run and also did not kill any humans. Unfortunately, I didn't get what I assume to be the best ending where everyone is saved, because I wasn't sure I could pull it all off with no powers. I did make enough save games to go back and clean up the other end achievements what I think will be relatively easily. I can't remember a game where the choice at the end was so difficult for me. For this run I opted to use the Nullwave prototype. I really like the post-credit seen, which I assume is the same regardless of choice.

Despite running into some waypoint bugs that complicated things and/or forced reloads, this is my favorite game thus far in 2017. I wish I hadn't wasted so much time on the FFXIV treadmill, or I would have finished more by now. It's becoming more clear that my ultimate preference is games like this with a plethora of solutions to most problems but without the near mandatory emptiness of a full open world, and Prey has to be about as good as it can get (without VR) in that subgenre.

I beat Limbo again. Does that count? Hell of a game, and it's been long enough that I forgot everything.

8. 14) Tekken 7 (PC) arcade mode
    Kazuya on Hard difficulty, 3'07"41. Got Kazumi as final boss.
    This time the arcade mode is a tad short (5 stages). I wouldn't have minded another shot at Nancy-MI847J and one more boss (preferably some huge Azazel style beast) after Kazumi to bring it up to 7.

9. I had a 138 win streak going the first time I played treasure battle in Tekken 7. Do I have to keep playing?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. 15. Tekken 7

Played through the story mode, some treasure mode, mostly versus. It's a dope game so far (as someone that never played much Tekken), and it's really nice to be playing a new 3D fighting game again. Helps that more of my friends are into fighting games and giving it a shot, unlike when TTT2 came out. The story mode has some silly-ass cinematic flourishes, and the ending fights were even pretty cool, but I'd throw out all this undoubtedly expensive-to-make cinematic mode stuff (in both this and SFV) for something like VF4 or Dreamcast SoulCalibur's single-player modes in a heartbeat. Oh well. Having a lot of fun slamming people into walls with Josie. Presentation is ridiculous, love most of the stages and music.
    Last edited by Tain; 05 Jun 2017 at 01:01 AM.