Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

2. Batman: The Telltale Series(PC)

Name:  5a16f4af724a37e1966edfa9f7e209d27c2a1f4f.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  2.4 KB

I think this one is underrated compared to The Walking Dead seasons. Its take on various characters is unique enough to set itself apart. That includes the Batman/Bruce Wayne ratio that many reviewers didn't seem to appreciate as much as I did. I tried to role play Bruce instead of making the choices that I would personally make, which I think made it more immersive. Here's hoping E3 will bring a sequel announcement.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    2. Batman: The Telltale Series(PC)

I think this one is underrated compared to The Walking Dead seasons. Its take on various characters is unique enough to set itself apart. That includes the Batman/Bruce Wayne ratio that many reviewers didn't seem to appreciate as much as I did. I tried to role play Bruce instead of making the choices that I would personally make, which I think made it more immersive. Here's hoping E3 will bring a sequel announcement.
    This one looked nice but I didn't hear a lot about it, sounds like you enjoyed it though. The last one of those TT games I really enjoyed was The Wolf Among Us, how would you pit it against that?

I have that one but haven't played it. In fact, I had forgotten about it, so thank you for reminding me.

4. Beat the main story of Borderlands 2 on Ultimate Vault Hunter solo as Zero.

It was difficult.

Tackling the DLC next.
    Boo, Hiss.

Nice. Well done.

6. 16. ARMS

Ran through Grand Prix a bunch, up to and including rank 4. This game rules. It's extremely unique, even in the Virtual On subgenre, and it's pretty easy to grasp while being hectic in the heat of the moment. There's a Virtua Tennis quality to the aiming of the punches (using traditional controls here), a rhythm to charging up your arms, and lots of satisfying moments where you punch through an enemy's grab or curve something just right around an obstacle. And I'm still early obviously, only having played against the AI and a little bit of online play. The game's full of personality, too. The downsides are relatively minor: singleplayer content is light and the AI is hilariously brazenly psychic.

7. 17. Airtone

man, this takes me right back to early-2000s Japanese music games. Definitely the best of the VR music game. It has a wiiiide difficulty range, appropriately-long original songs, and the level of polish is straight out of Bemani. The music is cute and catchy, the mechanics are like an amped up Samba de Amigo, and the backgrounds are so awesome to fly through. I even grew to really like tiny hub bits between the music. The overall structure isn't terribly arcadey, as you'll have to replay songs a lot to unlock all of 'em, but the note charts are good enough that this isn't an issue.

These guys nailed pretty much exactly what I've wanted since playing Audioshield for the first time.

8. I finished Prey on Hard on a human-only power run and got the I and Thou cheevo. The ending works a lot like the other games in this genre where you make a decision at th very end, but is probably the most satisfying of them all.. I think the back/side/story is actually rad but not Deus Ex tier, but the gameplay might be better than any in the genre. We may not see another high(ish) budget one of these games for a while. We have had quite a few recently, so maybe that's OK.

It really is an amazing game. I hope I play something else as good this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

10. It has an 81 Metacritic which IMO is preposterous. I have some complaints, I didn't much like the T1 Exterior combat, I had a slowdown bug, some other things but 81 is like slightly above average. I would need to read reviews but I have no idea what these people were thinking. It's a long game that holds it's quality well throughout, which is virtually unheard of. I don't know.

Oh IGN gave it a 4 for technical issues. Yeah that sucks.

I'm biased, I love these games and I love the setting/motif/etc, but I'd be VERY surprised if it wasn't my GOTY at the end.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 23 Jun 2017 at 01:13 PM.