Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

Beat this on I Am Death Incarnate difficulty. Really, really enjoyed this one. I was surprised by how good the writing was. Tonally, the game is very dark yet humorous throughout: the closest video game equivalent of something like "Inglourious Basterds". It takes a skillful narrative hand to set a game level in a concentration camp, fill the introductory level with dead bodies, and force the player to choose which of his allies will die, and yet still maintain a sense of humor.

I loved the perk system, too. I only wish dual wielding was more effective. The game is at its best when you play agressively. I would suggest, for those who haven't played the game yet to play one difficulty level below what you normally would and just play this game like classic Wolfenstein 3D. The more you play this like Dishonored, the less fun you will have IMO.

I hope The New Colossus expands the perk system and makes dual wielding more powerful (maybe dual wield multiple weapon types at once?). The combat system has so many possibilities, it's a shame that most of the firearms in this game are pretty dull. Based on the trailer I think the sequel will change that.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. I think you're the first person I have heard say the guns were dull

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I think you're the first person I have heard say the guns were dull
    Things get more interesting once you unlock all the secondary functions, but the base guns are pretty straightforward stuff. Aside from the LKW, that shit is a blast (literally).
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Beat Horizon: Zero Dawn. Solid B. Not a B+. Way too many flaws IMO. But it's an open world game I actually finished, so there's that

>>People liking that fps with the Wolfenstein license taped to it

6. why wouldn't they? it rules.

7. Yeah, it was fun, who cares?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Wouldn't that be applicable to every Wolfenstein game since 1984?

9. I also went back and finished The New Order last week. The game really picks up once you hit the 60's and get the crew together. Really looking forward to the sequel.

10. 18. Ys VII

Played on Hard. The party system is cool. Combat gets hectic and you gotta juggle your characters correctly if you don't want to be wasteful. The environments and enemies are probably as varied and cool-looking as I've seen in the series once you get around the PSP's tech. As always the dungeons are kinda filler between the bosses, and as always the bosses are pretty fun, but the Hard mode scaling toes the line of turning battles into endurance tests at times. The final battle wants you to have roughly evenly leveled everyone, so I spent some time grinding out some weapons and XP to make those last boss health meters a bit less daunting, but it was probably a more enjoyable time than Ys VI's Nightmare mode. And ultimately I think that I liked this about as much as Ys VI: it ain't Origin or Felghana good but it's still pretty good.
    Last edited by Tain; 10 Jul 2017 at 12:22 AM.