Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I want to play this on my Vita so bad.
    Now we're talking! Love this game.

2. 1. Mind Zero (Vita)
    Not much to say about this dungeon crawler jrpg. I like the battle mechanics and upgrading cards to customize your character. OTOH, it gives you no incentive to use the other 3 characters in your party as it takes too long to level up everyone. There is a post game dungeon but I will take a break before tackling it.

3. 2. Virtual On Force (360)
    Arcade mode in Easy. Takes a bit to get used to 2v2 and switching targets constantly. Game is slower and more methodical compared to VOOT. The last boss(es) Guerlain and Ajim are really tough, will try again on Normal.

4. 1. Skylanders Imaginators
    Despite telling her I had no interest in this shit anymore, my chick got this for me for Christmas. While I think the series peaked with Swap Force, this was the most enjoyable iteration since that one. It was fun designing my own dudes.
    Rumor has it that this will be the last one due to declining sales. True to their nature Activision milked the franchise and its fans to death.

5. 02) Mass Effect 3 - Citadel
    03) Mass Effect 3 - Omega

Playing on Hardcore difficulty, with Jane Shepard imported from ME1/2. Both DLCs are good, with some challenging new enemies- the CAT6 merc team that hounds you throughout Citadel after a mysterious figure orders a hit, and the Adjutant from Omega. While you're helping Aria retake Omega from Cerberus, she'll fight alongside you a good bit of the time. The DLCs are as good as the base game. Aria's Flare power is kickass, but it has one hell of a long cooldown.

Learning the identity of Citadel's mysterious figure leads to one interesting, fairly challenging boss battle. A clone of Shepard, with the same character class you picked- and their own supply of Medi-Gel. The clone can't replenish MG from the crates like you can though. This one was tough but fun, and finally beating it was a real rush.

6. I've never really kept track before... most of my gameplay is stuff that just never ends... but since it's on my mind and it's January, maybe I will this year anyways. We'll see.

1. XCOM 2

The last mission was really quite difficult. Pretty cool game overall, I haven't played Enemy Unknown yet but I definitely enjoyed this. Not quite as much as I would have if it had been just a little bit... different... but I still do appreciate what it is.

7. Alien Isolation. This needed to be about 3 hours shorter to be in the top 20 games ever. As it stands, it's still an exceptional experience.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. 1 - Sins of a Solar Empire (PC): I finally finished the large 8 player map, that was 3 solar systems in size. I ended up building 5 Auto Cannons to pound the planets of the remaining players. It took a little over 30 hours to complete, not counting the play-throughs of the smaller maps. Once the last empire fell, I decided to take my massive main fleet (6 capitol ships) to the pirate bases in each solar system; they were going to pay for attacking my planets.

9. Fuck those pirates.

10. 3. Bare Knuckle 3

1 CC, beeeitch. I think I had a no miss going until Robo-X. Not a super hard game or anything, but I don't think I've done that before. The last boss usually kills me three or four times. This time I got lucky on my last life and caught him in a jump attack loop.

Tough to say whether this or 2 is better. I love how 3 encourages you to use special moves, but 2's music...

I tried to play this online with a buddy tonight. Thoroughly unplayable. The netcode was a nightmare. Not sure if the BC was a factor or what.