Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20303233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. You can't play everything and there are always going to be gaps. That said if I was doing a pod where Impossible Mission was featured I would spend at least a few hours playing it and then talk about my experience doing that then.

I just don't get this whole "well this is game X, none of us have played it, LOL" thing that so many pods do. It's idiotic.

They fly Jeremy out to Cali to record 10 episodes one after the other because actually having to edit if they're not all physically in the same room is too much work. So much money and time wasted. That's the main reason why they can't play the games they talk about, there's too many of them at a time.

It's good enough, I guess. The majority of fans are surface level abd either don't know better or don't care. Once you're in deep it's easy to see the cracks, but then you're jealous or a hater.

The best part is that Parish is 100x better than Mackey. He's only ever played 2 games, Yoshi's Island and Dark Souls. That's what I get from his contributions, anyway. There are stages to fandom, and he's never made it past the point of replaying his childhood favorites to actively seeking out games you didn't have. It's infuriating when the most he has to say in the majority of episodes are bad jokes and Talking Simpsons plugs. There was a recent episode on food brand games that was unlistenable thanks to his goons. Video games were barely mentioned and no one had played any of them.

It doesn't even matter, they're doing well enough not to have to be better. I really like Parish's Works videos, though! He's actually playing games for that project.

3. I briefly did a retrogaming podcast. I'm sure it was shit, but it never occurred to us to just bullshit about games we never played. We'd go over games we were going to talk about in advance and be sure to play at least a bit of all of them before recording. I think that's reasonable.

I'd love to do something like Dan Carlin's podcast, but for games. Something really well researched, published irregularly.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

I'd love to do something like Dan Carlin's podcast, but for games. Something really well researched, published irregularly.
    When anyone from TNL wants to do something, that part of it goes without saying.

5. I know he kinda left, but I still consider Cory as part of TNL.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I know he kinda left, but I still consider Cory as part of TNL.
    Yes, that's true, he seems to be doing a great job with his channel.

I like the deep dives into the technical aspects and options for upscaling well enough, but seriously I'm more than happy sticking to commercial CRTs and S-video/component. While those seem to be their most viewed and, in turn, their new bread and butter, my favorites are still the ones where they talk from the heart, like Coury's Time Crisis video.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I know he kinda left, but I still consider Cory as part of TNL.
    That's the thing. He had to leave TNL in order to reach success. Notice we're all losers here?

Anyway, I like any MLiG video is that 90% or more Coury.
    While I used to staunchly not give a fuck about Best Possible Signal, and I'll never spend $3-500 on stuff to hook an old system up to a new tv, I have jumped on board the RGB/Component bandwagon. The fact that I can collect kickass CRTs for $20 or less a pop helped.
    I'm usually too busy paying attention to what's happening on screen to notice my background colors are bleeding or there's dot crawl or whatever. But now that I'm demoing games more than playing them, I do like them to look as nice as possible.

I don't generally care about having the best signal possible but the guys at the newly formed http://www.retrogameboards.com/ are way into it. The site is off to a good start. Tain, ShinJohnpv, and myself post there.

10. ...
    I just read a Neozeedeater system thread on another board and I feel filthy.