Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. 17) Hard Reset: Extended Edition (PC)
    Difficulty: Hard, Total Score: 6,315 (new record)

So good I went through it yet again. 72 hours logged on Steam at the moment. You can't just favor one weapon- you need to mix them up because most of them have a cooldown time. Several weapons serve to stun enemies and can be chased with others that do damage, or used to trap targets and set up an environmental kill. On this playthru I got the Electrician achievement. The Smartgun is a damn cool weapon, with a nice feature being an HP meter to read how much more damage larger enemies can take.

HR is more challenging than the typical recent FPS, but feels more rewarding when you take down a certain tough part.

The techno soundtrack rocks, and is somewhat reminiscent of Tekken 3's & 5's excellent BGM. This sort of tunes is what Tekken 7 should have had. Wojciech Blazejcyk is a genius.

2. 12. Deep Space Waifu (PC)
    Finished off the achievements last night, had a lot of fun with this little shooter. Each level is a picture of a lady that you're shooting the clothes off of. A simple addition to one of the game folders allows the naughty bits to be shown. The levels are simple and fast but feel good. I wish there was some more variety in the weapons and enemies, but for what it is I'm not displeased at all. Worth a few bucks easy.

3. Hard Reset is OK but I can't imagine playing it for 72 hours

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
    It may be an expansion pack but aside from the shorter length, it's up there in quality with main games. The environments aren't as memorable but I liked how ammo was really scarce in this one (at least on the hardest setting with all the markers turned off). I always find these type of games more fun when you had to really carefully think about each move.

5. 18) Battle Garegga rev. 2016 (PS4)
    A 1CC of Premium Arrange mode using Golden Bat. Score was not as good as my PSN record of nearly 11M- rather about 9.8M.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Hard Reset is OK but I can't imagine playing it for 72 hours
    Not all on one playthrough.

19) Time Crisis 5 (AC)
    Took a fairly long break from it but still managed 4.8M.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 25 Oct 2017 at 01:23 AM.

Yoshi's Island DS - Ugh. I popped in the cart and realized I was a few stages shy of the end. Then I tried them and remembered why. I slogged through them and was rewarded with a miserable final conflict and one of the ugliest Bowser sprites ever. Adult Bowser showing up makes no sense. The whole thing feels off. It comes close to reminding you of a great game once in a while, but it's a soulless homunculus that should be forgotten.

No Yoshi platformer manages to come close to the original Yoshi's Island. Even Yoshi's Woolly World, which looks great and seems to do everything right in theory, feels like it's lacking something.

To be fair, Wooly World was much, much better than this.

9. I don't know why I always get my hopes up for Yoshi games. I'm doing it again for the Switch one (which at least looks like its own game, unlike the other sequels).

10. 1. WonderGirl the dragon's trap

That was a neat little game! I may have told a different story at one point, but here's the truth- though I've owned the game on Master System several times I'd never really played it. I think I didn't understand the hub world thing and got frustrated. Anyway!
    Definitely think the levels should have been arranged so that mouseman came later in the game as that was the hardest part. I got all swords except 1 (whichever one is the top right in the list- across from Legendary). Missing 3 shields and 2 armor- one of which is the samurai because what I had was better than it so I didn't waste the money on it. It's the rare 8 bit game in which none of the bosses feel cheap. They certainly didn't in this one. I took hits when I was too careful or not careful enough. I really appreciate that about the game. The end level was a bit of a cheap pain in the ass, but that's to be expected.