Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I got this to make my daily commute faster, and it seems perfect for that. I didn't necessarily find it to be the perfect masterpiece that many did. Some of the design choices are weird and frustrating. Even more than the fragility of the weapons, I was baffled at what a bad idea rain is. It's just a random interruption that impedes your progress, and then also stops you from making a campfire and advancing time if you're not in a place with shelter. I have no idea who thought that would be fun. I also miss having longer, more varied dungeons. The Divine Beasts offered a taste of that, but even they got a little samey.

Still, the world is fantastic and fun to explore, and I have fun running around and finding stuff. It really embraced the open world thing in every aspect of its design. It's definitely a shot in the arm for a series I had not been excited about in a long while and it kept me engaged for a good 60 hours to the end, which is surely more than I've spend in any other Zelda by like double.

I've been going back to beat a lot of old games. Have the Xbox hooked up and I'm flying through some great ones. Just beat PoP: The Two Thrones for the first time. Not as good as Sands of Time, big improvement over the shitty, angsty sequel.

3. I cheated, alright!

I was trying to play Vampire Savior on my Saturn, but the game wouldn't work for some odd reason. I got it to finally boot after about a half dozen tries, though it eventually froze up while loading my 5th fight. I've never used the Pro-Action 4+1 as an actual cheat device until this week. When I couldn't get 2 of my 4 Capcom import fighting games to work, I decided to try playing a couple of North American games with their cheat codes.

Darius Giaden: I usually only got to about the 4th area before running out of credits. The 4+1 gave me infinite lives and my weapons all leveled up. I honestly don't see how anyone short of Neo could navigate through the bullet and level madness this game has on the 4th and 5th tier levels. It was cool to finally see the ending to this game after so many years of failure.

Galactic Attack: I think the farthest I've ever got on this game was about a minute into the 7th level. I was probably stoned at the time, because there's no way I could zone out on the madness of lower level and upper level enemies attacking me at the same time like I did back then. The 4+1 only had an infinite life cheat, but that did the trick. The last level is freaking insane! It has pipes that you have to shoot out from in front of you, then you have to zip past it before another one slides in its place. The last boss takes massive amounts of lock on missiles to kill, while the lasers just shoot some of the stuff it flings at you. The ending was pretty short, but sweet. The screen powering down was a nice touch.

Vampire Savior only works with certain versions of the AR 4+1. I think it's the firmware?

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Darius Giaden: I usually only got to about the 4th area before running out of credits. The 4+1 gave me infinite lives and my weapons all leveled up. I honestly don't see how anyone short of Neo could navigate through the bullet and level madness this game has on the 4th and 5th tier levels. It was cool to finally see the ending to this game.
    Which ending did you see? They're different depending on which path you chose!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Vampire Savior only works with certain versions of the AR 4+1. I think it's the firmware?
    I've never had a problem playing this game with my 4+1 over the past decade or so. Cyberbots also had problems booting. I was able to run X-Men vs. Street Fighter just fine. I have a feeling that my CD-Drive lens may be on its way out of commission.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Which ending did you see? They're different depending on which path you chose!
    I believe my ending was zone Z. It was a few brief shots of the enemy boss ships disappearing and the few words saying the people of Darius can live in peace now.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05 Oct 2017 at 08:56 AM.

7. 23. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Played on Hard. A solid and surprisingly unique narrative with well-done visuals tied together with perspective-based puzzles and some breezy (yet pretty well-animated) combat. Nothing spectacular, but I liked it.

8. Streets of Rage 2, this time on CDX instead of Wii's emulator.

9. 24. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Played on Hard. This was real good, probably better overall than Uncharted 4. They took Uncharted 4's jeep stuff and expanded it and turned it into a significant chunk of this game, making it a tiny hub world thing, and it works really well. The puzzles are beefier, too (though still lightweight), and there's an Extremely Good Train Sequence.

10. 25. Doki Doki Literature Club

just a g̗̪o͚̪̞̼̟͠o͙̼̫̖d͈̻͓̼ͅ ̙̺͘ț̨͔im͔e̬̤ with good f̟r̝̤͇i҉̙̖̞̞͓e̩n̻͙̣̰̼̕d̳s͕͞

surprisingly solid early writing, some good gimmick bits after the shit hits the fan, some cornball stuff too