Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. Nice! Now start a new game as Plague Knight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I probably will!

Either that or try and play more Resident Evil 7. I'm such a terrible person with playing 1-2 hours of a game and never picking it up again after I've had a taste.

3. I do that a lot, but I think for me a lot of it has to do with getting used to multiplayer games and then almost every single player game feels hollow. I'll play an hour of something single player and love it but never touch it again while I instead run in circles in Black Desert and blow things up for the millionth time or do exhibition games in Rocket League with no intent of ever getting good.

4. 4. Dandy Dungeon

I think you could beat this for f without p-ing 2 p, but I p'd a little bit.

It's a fun little phone game that could have been an amazing real game.

5. Cleared Read Only Memories 2049 (PS4). It's a cool little MSX Snatcher tribute, even has a couple of background characters and voice actors in common. Got the "good ending".

I ran into a bug in the last stage, messaged the dev on Twitter, emailed details, and three days later the bug was patched out of the game. Neat!

The proper ending was satisfying, the epilogue kind of just has you hanging out talking to people without any kind of solid end.

Recommend checking it out, looks like a bartending sim called VA-11 HALL-A is set in the same universe, maybe a 2 for 1 deal will happen at some point.

6. Those pop up on my Steam lists but I could never decide if they were actually worth it or just indie titles that thought old-school references made them a real game.

7. The real references are in another castle.

8. guh my post got eaten

9. Nioh

It's impossible to not compare this to Souls, so:

The core combat in this game is undoubtedly better than in any of the Souls games, Bloodborne included. The most obvious difference is that there are three universal stances, each genuinely useful, and the devs have gone and added ACTIVE RELOAD as a way to gain back some lost stamina and wipe away negative affect auras left by enemy yokai. There's also a big focus on draining enemy stamina with certain attacks, and you can get your enemy into a dizzy state and land some brutal special attacks on them. This stuff all works really well together, and the game will make you learn all of it.

On the other hand, the game falls short of most Souls games in most other areas. Visually the game is very clean, but the monster designs aren't really noteworthy and some are even pretty cheesy. For a good amount of the game the stages (which aren't interconnected at all) are all samey dark muddy rainy mazes. You'll hear a couple good background tracks repeated a lot. The equipment layer of the game is largely Meaningless Diablo Bullshit, drowning you in boring slight variations of a small-feeling selection of gear.

The downsides aren't enough to stop the game from being good. I'd definitely suggest it to Souls fans (and hey it's better than Demon's).
    Last edited by Tain; 23 Mar 2017 at 11:19 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Those pop up on my Steam lists but I could never decide if they were actually worth it or just indie titles that thought old-school references made them a real game.
    2049 doesn't lean too hard on Snatcher and tells its own story. You get little cameos like the Outer Haven werewolf guy, but even he is only in the post game epilogue. It stands on its own well.

Turns out I directed one of the voice actors once for a freelance project, I thought that was neat to see!

10. Disclosure-- I completely goddamn loathe Braid, this is not doing what that was doing.