Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2017: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. Hmm. I'd trust your opinion more than 95% of the populace- and this game got panned hard. What did you think of the episodes?

2. The story is a bit goofy to be sure, any time this mechanic comes into play you're already in "this is going to end up to be some dumb shit" mode. But I was interested enough to see what was going to happen next. The gunplay is good, maybe a bit too sparse at times, also I wouldn't say up to Max Payne level.

I might go back and get the last few collectables I missed, but there are no modes that would leave you coming back, like Max Payne time trials.

I would say that the 77 MC score is probably right on the money, without reading any of the reviews. But I also really like action shooters, so there might be some positive bias.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 04 Jul 2017 at 05:54 PM.

3. 15) Nex Machina (PC)
    Default settings (Experienced level). Got past Helltron without continues, then credit fed sometime after midway through world 4. At Enforcer Prime (boss 4) I started feeling the heat. The 2nd half of the game is serious.
    The subweapon I use most of the time is smartbomb, but for some boss battles I'd rather change to a rocket launcher or detonator. The sword really has no business in this game, IMO. It feels like a joke weapon, like Iron Lizard and Drop Shot in the Metal Slug series from 2 onward. While the damage isn't so bad, the range is of course lousy. Powershot is meh- you can't do smaller beam shots with it, it can only be used from a full strength charge, during which your main gun cannot fire. Think twice before using that one. Smartbomb is good for taking out a large group of close in enemies, especially if used for following an offensive dash (just like Nier: Automata, the dash has more uses than evasion).

4. Powershot is good if you're going for time because you can take out so much of a level in one shot. I use Smartbomb because I walk up to big guys and just take them all out in a cluster, but I'm not as fast.

I think I've done it before, but I beat the Japanese version of ActRaiser, which is a bit harder than the US one. I'm trying to decide if I want to tackle the special mode now.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Powershot is good if you're going for time because you can take out so much of a level in one shot. I use Smartbomb because I walk up to big guys and just take them all out in a cluster, but I'm not as fast.
    Now I'm beginning to love Detonator. Beside the ranged grenade attack, a quick double-tap of Detonator is about as good as Smartbomb. Detonator is King.
    Losing multiple powerups in a row (by being killed before you pick up the one you dropped on last death) really sucks. If you die, haul ass and go get that item back before saving a human. Coming in underpowered later on means you're screwed, sort of like Gradius III.

I'd guess Powershot to be an expert weapon, or at least one with a steeper learning curve. MicVlaD on Youtube really cooks with this thing and has a 1.1B+ score, complete with the TLB at the end.
    I tried again and got the Architect down on one credit then died in World 6, ending up with around 200M at the end.

7. After putting only about 3 hours into it over the last month, I finally sat down and played through Undertale this weekend. Did the true pacifist ending. I really didn't like it for a lot of reasons. The story and characters were just ok. It's really slow, and I spent most of my time walking back to old rooms for new dialogue. I should have just ignored it all. It was pointless. After being really underwhelmed, I read about the secrets I didn't see, other endings, and some details on characters, and I somehow liked the game even less afterward. I went to bed actually upset that I wasted so much time on it.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

Man, finch is going to beat you up now.

9. I'm planning on digging up the old TNL thread to find out what the hell people liked about the game.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

10. I'm outside your door now and i have a baseball bat.
    Donk