Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Winter 2017)

I picked up Trackmania Turbo PS4 during the sale earlier this week.

Holy shit, where has this game been all my life? I love it. I didn't think I'd really like the 40 second stunt trial thing as opposed to real racing, but I think I'm addicted now. Finally getting gold on a track you've been doing over and over is the best feeling.

2. Trackmania games are terrific. They remind me of when I used to race Bowser Castle 1 over and over to improve my time.

3. I'm still playing Sins of a Solar Empire (PC). I'm currently playing on the large map and 4 of my opponents have been defeated. I have my fleet at near the maximum, but I haven't expanded my empire beyond on solar system.

I've been playing Battlefield 1 (online) on the PS4. I'm currently at level 8, which is pretty pitiful, considering how long I've had this game, but I'm getting a lot better at it.

I've also been playing Fallout: New Vegas on the PS3. I had a recent failure of my PS3, but with a replacement power supply I'm back in action.

4. Got the Android Chrono Trigger on sale for $5 and played it on the drive home. Finished the fair, the woods, rescuing Marle at the cathedral, the trial, the jailbreak, the first dungeon in the future, and beat Johnny in the race. Clock time? Two hours, thirty-seven minutes. The pace at which this game moves is wonderful.

The port is perfunctory. I'd kill for a touch interface that lets you poke the enemy you want to attack with your finger FFIII DS (best battle interface of all time) style. It has some minor sound inaccuracies, though so does the DS port. The jarring contrast of HD text over low res sprites cements the superiority of DS version, but this is a nice little port for five bucks.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 05 Jan 2017 at 10:31 PM.

Just saw this get a mention and gave it a download.

箱庭えくすぷろーら
    https://dev.onionsoft.net/seed/info.ax?id=1042

48MB, free, works without switching to Japanese locale. Arrow keys and ASZX are your default inputs. Seems to have potential as something good. I'll need to find some time to play it to see for myself.

6. What is it?

Seems to be an ARPG of some sort. The title translates to "Box Garden Explorer".

8. Alien: Isolation.

Only a few hours in, but this game is fucking rad.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Alien: Isolation.

Only a few hours in, but this game is fucking rad.
    This game is almost too stressful to play.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. I couldn't handle it.