Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Winter 2017)

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I picked up Trackmania Turbo PS4 during the sale earlier this week.

Holy shit, where has this game been all my life? I love it. I didn't think I'd really like the 40 second stunt trial thing as opposed to real racing, but I think I'm addicted now. Finally getting gold on a track you've been doing over and over is the best feeling.
    Yeah, the PC Master Race that has long been the only audience to give a fuck about Trackmania turned on this game for not having mod support and requiring UPlay, and it just got buried. It's a shame because it's a very good game.

Watching Nintendo's thing Thursday night made me want to play a Mario thing, so I'm playing Super Mario 3D World because I can do that now. Not as good as Galaxy 2, but still pretty great. I kind of like this direction more than the 64/Sunshine approach.

I've been playing 3D World with my daughter as well, she loves it. She's mostly just running around while I do all the work though.

I hooked my Saturn up to do the Pro Action Replay hack for a friend and somehow started playing Daytona Circuit Edition again. I got in the zone and got first place in every race, awwww yeah.

3. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    This game is almost too stressful to play.
    It is and it's wonderful
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Hearthstone - I have a big enough card pool now that I can make interesting decks, which is good, but the meta of pirate aggro or reno control is so boring, which is bad.

Destiny (ps4) - Still fun to play, lot of different 400 Light loadouts now, and I just got the new Icebreaker. Shelved until the next Iron Banner, though.

Guilty Gear Revelator (ps4) - I mostly practice Ramlethal, excited for Baiken, might bite on Dizzy. It would be cool if there was a TNL night, Anthony says the netcode (at least on PC) is quite good.

Alien Isolation would have been perfect if it wasn't so padded to add game time. I can barely even think about replaying it some day.

6. I've heard the last third is a slog, but for now it's one of the best experiences I've had with games in years.

The sound design is perhaps better than any I've been exposed to.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. I've been playing Alien Isolation again. I'm finding that the PS4 version feels somewhat buggier than the PS3 rev (which I nearly finished). Some of the NPC stuff is a lot tighter on the PS3 version for some reason, or maybe I'm just noticing more now that I've had a year of distance on it. On the upside, it doesn't choke to death every time a scripted ingame sequence starts.

Stardew Valley is some addictive shit, I recommend avoiding it if you have things to do.

Divinity: Original Sin is some cringey purple prose mixed in with a pretty alright turn based Diablo-y thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Divinity: OS sounds awesome, but I can't stand dialogue trees. Is the dialogue largely skippable as it is in Diablo or will I have to interact with people beyond punching them?

9. I think there's an option to auto-pick, there definitely is for the 'partner' dialog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. I started playing Dragon Warrior 4 NES.
    I fucking hate the localizations on the DS games, man.