Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Winter 2017)

The DS game is great, but the NES one is better.

2. Nights of Azure - Just like dog$ said, it's a pretty mediocre game, but it's scratching that B level Japanese action RPG itch that I've been having for a new console game. Not much to write about, it's just a standard 3D beat 'em up with summoning monster allies to tag along.

Muramasa Rebirth - Been meaning to finally clear this at least once before deleting it, but the gameplay is just so sloppy and the levels are so empty with way too much traveling for no reason that it's just a slog. I don't think I'm going to make it. But it sure is a beautiful game, especially the food bowls and the progressive eating.

Dragon's Crown - They learned so many lessons from Muramasa and made DC just shit all over that game so hard it's not even funny. Going back to this one since I never really finished it either is probably what's going to tip me over the edge to not finishingo Muramasa; tightly packed levels with very little fluff and enemies in every room, worthwhile secrets, animation cancelling, and a weapons grind that feels more natural and worthwhile. There's even still people playing online, which I was hoping for but wasn't expecting to be real.

With the remake Odin Sphere Leifthrasir waiting for me to finish up at least one of the latter two titles, it's kind of nice seeing Vanillaware slowly turn into a development company making titles worth playing. Makes me look forward to 13 Sentinels.

I've been wanting to clear out some of my Wii U backlog and I finally popped in Captain Toad. This game is magnificent, it's like a modern interpretation of the old single screen puzzle platformers. I love it.

If anyone is a fan of Diablo 1, and has Reaper of Souls on PC, there's a 20th anniversary event going on now. Make a level 1 character and run through a mini-Diablo 1 dungeon. It has a bunch of fun throwbacks, I really enjoyed it.

I think it's only up until the end of the month, so if you want to play it you have to do it quick.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I've been wanting to clear out some of my Wii U backlog and I finally popped in Captain Toad. This game is magnificent, it's like a modern interpretation of the old single screen puzzle platformers. I love it.
    Captain Toad is pretty fucking awesome, my GF and I had a damn good time playing through that together.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Day of the Tentacle is free on PSN right now, it's still a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Finished Shantae: Half Genie Hero and it's my favorite Wayforward thing this side of Contra 4. Also playing Dark Souls 3 until I finally finish that nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I've been playing Alien Isolation again. I'm finding that the PS4 version feels somewhat buggier than the PS3 rev (which I nearly finished). Some of the NPC stuff is a lot tighter on the PS3 version for some reason, or maybe I'm just noticing more now that I've had a year of distance on it. On the upside, it doesn't choke to death every time a scripted ingame sequence starts.
    Alien: Isolation is the best recreation of a movie experience in game form I have ever played. Right down to pulling out the self-destruct tubes at the end.

I'm playing Super Ghouls N' Ghosts on 3DS Virtual Console. Volgarr put me in a mood to play this. I never played through it as a kid -- I always preferred GnG on Genesis because it was a near-perfect arcade port -- but this is clearly the better game. Such impeccable design and risk v. reward gameplay. Playing it makes me appreciate Volgarr all the more.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. FFXV, Diablo 3, Hearth Stone and Dota 2

10. Who's your favoriate dota lord?