Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 313151617

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Winter 2017)

1. Battlefield 4 (PC) - Using Microsoft Edge to launch it by Battlelog, since Firefox didn't play nice with it.
    Lords of the Fallen (PC) - Did Ancient Labyrinth DLC and killed the Keeper. Playing Rogue style with Deception magic, my favorite weapon being Grip with a poison rune in the socket. LOTF is quite similar to a Dark Souls game, though maybe one step down in difficulty. I had problems with it crashing, until I set it to borderless fullscreen windowed.
    Doom (PC) - Finished on Ultra Violence.

2. 2064: Read Only Memories (PS4) - I was in the mood for a Snatcher type deal, this is exactly that-- your Robot Buddy sounds exactly like Metal Gear, there's some grid-based shooting sequences, and it's got the Visual Novel trappings down pat.

I'm enjoying all the Bay Area location namedropping. Going through the cast bios, turns out I've directed one of the voice actors before! Neat!

Armikrog (PS4) - A little disappointing! The 'click on everything' solutions are too obtuse to be fun, and the Unity engine loads new scenes as if it were an iPhone game from four years ago. I really wanted to like this, it's way too clunky. The characters are fun and I like the animation, but it's lacking anything that would make it a Fun Game.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 Mar 2017 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

TMNT3 - Nes - Got to shredder and beat him. Died for good sometime after that. Really fun game, but most of the arcade style tmnt games are.

The Cliffhanger - Arcade - Pretty crazy game. Almost too crazy by the end. Way too much shit going on. Espically with two players. It reminds me of a weird mix of Metal Slug and Strider. Pretty short, worth at least 1 play through.

X-Men Arcade - I don't think I ever got to the end of this game as a child. Fun, but a lot of the challenge of these games is lost when you can feed them quarters.

4. 2Dark, Frederick Raynal's first game in quite a while, is finally out on Steam. It's meant to have retro-pixel graphics with Voxel sprites, but it's pretty ugly. Despite appearances, it's a nicely designed little game.

Overload hit early access, but it doesn't seem to be much more than a polished up version of the free demo at this point. Lot of promise in this one, but don't expect a lot from the EA right now.

5. I don't see a thread for it, has anyone tried Steep? It was free to play last weekend and then half off (if purchased through Uplay) until the 20th I believe. It's incredibly addicting so far. Each of the four modes of transportation feel very nice, and after a brief getting the groove period movement feels wonderful. You can restart a track or warp to a new event or custom spot at any point during any activity, seamlessly. Occasionally I fight with the physics on some harder tracks but that's user error. The game also puts my rig to shame, running on mostly Low settings, and still looking amazing. Connecting with friends is mostly seamless and easy, although you either free ride together or do your own versions of trials as there is no dedicated races against human players. The whole package with season pass was $40, and they promise more fun modes of movement that include things like rocket wings! Very exciting. I've dropped a silly amount of time into it since the weekend.

6. Dark Souls (PC) : Using DSFix just for 1440p resolution. The 60 FPS I keep off because that can cause glitches (like falling through floors if you slide down a ladder and other physics issues). My character is a Pyromancer, using mostly a Halberd +10, and a longbow used for baiting enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26
    X-Men Arcade - I don't think I ever got to the end of this game as a child. Fun, but a lot of the challenge of these games is lost when you can feed them quarters.
    I did, but with a little credit feeding (this one is a bit less hard than a TMNT though, which could easily set you back $5 by the end of the game when set to 50c per play). One bad thing is that your score doesn't zero on a continue. Many games like this are guilty of that, including most Capcom ones. At the credit roll there's a "The game is not over yet" message and it will loop back to stage 1.

Capcom's X-Men COTA fighter is harder on Saturn than on the arcade version. In fact, the Saturn Magneto puts Gill to shame and would own most SNK bosses.

Back to Konami's X-Men. Here's a Dazzler 1CC from M. Janet on Youtube.