Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: This Month's Haul: January 2017 (Post-Holiday Apocalypse Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I kind of lamented not getting a Vita 2000 for myself before they disappeared. That was fixed tonight when I went into a Walmart looking for moldy $7 games and instead saw two Vitas for $100 each.
    Also picked up an Alienware for $200 (was $400.) I have little to no knowledge about these things. Kinda got caught up in the "omg clearance!" thrill.
    I have a I5 2500k, 670 ftw tower. Would there be any reason to use this i3 thing instead?
    Crazy bargains are the best hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It's not a bad time to jump in, lots of good stuff has come out and a lot on the way. Bloodborne is a good one if you like Dark Souls, and Nioh is coming out in a couple of weeks and should be great. If you haven't tried it on PC, MGS5 is pretty great. Hitman is really good. If you want to try multi go get Overwatch. If you want a shooter, DOOM and Titanfall 2 are both really good. If you like horror games give Alien Isolation a try.

If you haven't had a chance to get out stuff like XCOM 2, Wasteland 2, or Divinity Original Sin on PC they all have pretty good PS4 versions. For whatever reason I've been in the mood for a lot of that sort of thing lately, and they're good games if you're into the genre. I think it's neat we live in a world where those sorts of games come to console fully intact.

Just do me a favor and promise you'll never, ever play Destiny.
    Do you have an actual reason why you dislike Destiny so much? Curious on the specifics.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

3. Ordered a Hori RAP EX-SE for 360 from Amazon (should arrive tomorrow). Was thinking of getting a PS4 stick (still plan to), but decided on a 360 one since PS4 has a much better stock pad for shmups and arcade games.
    Double Dragon IV PS4
    Arcade Archives Twinbee PS4
    Arcade Archives Bubble Bobble PS4
    ACA Neogeo Metal Slug PS4
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 30 Jan 2017 at 02:05 PM.

Best shooter stick ever!

5. Thought I would try double dragon 4. It's only $7 and it shows. It feels like some fan made game. Not awful but it does not deserve to be called 4.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. SamuraiMoogle doesnt get to decide what the game should be called. SamuraiMoogle is bad.

7. One thing I find disappointing with DD4, is that while it has new enemies, it also reuses old ones from previous games using the same sprites. One thing I liked about previous DD games is that returning enemies had a new look and new variations. DD3 had mostly new enemies. Even SDD had a new look for enemies from previous games. At least many returning enemies have new moves and animations. Abobo has a dash now.

I also noticed a strange lack of melee weapons. Most of the weapons I have seen were all throwing weapons like rocks, knives, and tires. No whips or bats so far, not even when Linda first shows up.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 31 Jan 2017 at 01:22 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Also picked up an Alienware for $200 (was $400.) I have little to no knowledge about these things. Kinda got caught up in the "omg clearance!" thrill.
    I have a I5 2500k, 670 ftw tower. Would there be any reason to use this i3 thing instead?
    It's a locked i3 with a lowered clock to keep the temps down. I believe the GPU (GTX 860m) isn't even on-par with a GTX 670.

https://www.cnet.com/products/alienware-alpha/

I have an i5-2500k rig (with an EVGA GTX 670 FTW) in my living room rig. It's still a pretty good gaming PC, with modern games running on high to ultra settings at 1080p.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04 Feb 2017 at 08:09 PM.

9. Preordered Yoshi's Woolly World 3DS during the last Visa checkout. Out of the Amiibo craze but seriously....yarn Poochie.

IMG_1895.JPG

Last Pawn haul was a bunch of GC and Gameboy titles including complete Zelda collector and Ocarina editions.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Do you have an actual reason why you dislike Destiny so much? Curious on the specifics.
    I think him and Yoshi played it right around launch when it was pretty bad, didn't get very far, and then never touched it again because I started around the first DLC and they had already sworn off it by that point. The stuff that was fixed by the time I started playing was a godsend and I still thought it was underwhelming and not very good until I reached the late game progression. Bungie needs to do something about the initial progression of the game but I'm not sure what.