Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russia

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It really depends on Russia. Their people were abused and controlled for so long, they are ingrained to mistrust all the other European and uk powers and the nations created by them. They do not trust capitalist, industrialist, the wealthy, old money, democracies or republics, etc. One simple way to look at it would be to look at serfdom. It would become rare in western Europe by the 1400s, while remaining in Russia up until 1860s. What do you think the impact of almost 500 more years of white slavery would have on a population?

And we don't really trust them. Perhaps because they murdered the royal family that was related to all the other royal families of the time. Perhaps because they seized the property of many global industries that had moved into Russia. (Which, by the way, influenced the US and UKs dealings with Russia in WW2, encourged us to make secret land deals behind and around Russia, causing Russia to over react and start the Cold war and the Berlin Wall).

So I don't know. They're dicks, because their ancestors were repressed. And we've been mean to them because they're dicks. Which further encourages them to be dicks.
    Huh! Interesting! With that said, shouldn't the Bernie bros be all over this alliance? I mean, the destruction of old money and the like?

And I definitely eat oatmeal fairly often.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Old money isn't going away. Russia would have to take us over. And they would only replace it with capatilism by state.

3. I have no problem with a 80% Estate tax. Why should Jimmy Nickibicki ride off Pappy Nickibicki's hard work?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. On liquid assets. Jimmy can have Ole Pappy Nickibicki's plantation, force that lazy good-for-nothin to go out and get a job to pay the property tax.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 08 Jan 2017 at 05:38 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. The Baltic states have gotten really nervous since Crimea. That's scary. Going whole hog with Assad in Aleppo and shrugging of the screams with "the terrorists are doing it" is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I have no problem with a 80% Estate tax. Why should Jimmy Nickibicki ride off Pappy Nickibicki's hard work?
    Why work as hard if you can't provide for your family after death?

7. How are you going to prevent aristocracies from hording cash and creating class systems?

8. More importantly, how does that tie into the original topic being discussed if Russia won't change any of that?

And has anyone seen about that Russian hacker who is pwning Google right now? I have a filter specifically for the crap, since it can be useful. Not entirely certain how legit referers ended up in that filter but it's entirely possible I created the filter after a couple from my site and TNL. I do not promote my site in any way through Twitter and that volume has to be faked. Anyway, check that crazy stuff from the languages, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	languages.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	79850   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	referrals.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	79851  

9. I'd be surprised if Russia didn't make a play on Turkey directly if the government is ever dethroned. It's such a major world hub - Russia, Europe and the Middle East.

One of ISIS' goals is rumoured to be the fall of Istanbul as the gateway to the east and west.

Hard to argue Russia is bad atm. US has fucked up Iraq so badly it destabilized the region and persecuted its own freedoms since 911 including Chelsea Manning and Snowden.

10. /pol/ is going to siege Constantinople.