Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Rambling or Something I Guess

1. I actually find old games easier. Modern games are very forgiving in general, but the controls are so fucking convoluted that I can't remember how to play them if I put them down for more than a week or two.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I have that for Amiga. It's a pretty good chess game from what I can tell, but I'm sure the AI is a joke for anyone who actually plays the game seriously.
    The Amiga version is the way to go. The animations are pretty funny, especially the one where the Queen shows the King a little leg before stabbing him.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Actually, I'd say class-based shooters like Overwatch and TF2 kind of fit the spirit, too. Each character has a small, well-defined pool of abilities, a good team relies on balancing roles and utilizing them effectively, not unlike chess pieces.
    Chess is only worthwhile because of human opponents, so multiplayer games like this are the only real answer for adaptive play.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I actually find old games easier. Modern games are very forgiving in general, but the controls are so fucking convoluted that I can't remember how to play them if I put them down for more than a week or two.
    Most modern games all control the same! How are you getting confused?
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. That's not true at all. Even within the same series, the controls are always changing, e.g. Halo.

6. Yeah, there's very little consistency outside of left stick is most likely movement and right stick is probably aiming and/or freelook.

7. It's the games that use bumpers and triggers as modifiers that really kill me.
    Third person action games seem to be the worst offenders for that.
    I also hate games that use every button on the controller just because they're there.

That's a big part of why I don't really play video games anymore.

9. Are you guys fucking kidding?
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

Nope. There are at least one hundred things I'd rather do than memorize that shit.