Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Characters In Song

1. Characters In Song

I've always liked stories in song. And with such a short format, it's often better to create a texture or a character than to develop a plot.

I'm sure I could think of more, but this one really gets me. It creates a lot of drama about a very boring character through the unspent potential energy every character has, and most of us never use.

Now, here's Josh's cue to tell me it's the chords which create the drama, not the lyrics.

What's the best character created through song?

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. niceguyeddiewhenthelightswentdowningeorgia.mov

I hate this country fried shit. Anyway, the minor chords are right where they should be so yes, the mood is from the music.

And I love stories told through music. My last two bands were concept bands.

5. True. I liked The Quarantines for the sci-fi mythos. But your music was tight as fuck, too.

There have to be good stories in rock.

I like Life of Pablo because you are listening to Kanye breakdown under debt stress. Here's some more countryfried lost loved song.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Hey, turns out that Chris Knight song is a cover of this Harry Chapin song.

The best song story:

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

8. Where does he get those wonderful guitars?

OK, so I found the best story in a song.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!