Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Months Haul: "I have to buy what on February 14th?" Edition

1. The Months Haul: "I have to buy what on February 14th?" Edition

I had to repair an old fiber connection to the guard shack at a Mattel distribution center. When I'd finished up the work, I'd noticed that they had a Mattel store on the far side of the building. I decided to drop by to see what they had on offer. The girl gave me 20% off these 3 Hotwheels, for a grand total of $6 after tax.

I also decided to drop by a Half-Price Books in Mansfield, just south of Fort Worth. They had this big box Baldur's Gate for $8.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 04 Feb 2017 at 08:08 PM.

2. That's pretty badass my man. I wish you'd picked up some doubles, i would have loved to get some sweet hot wheels that cheap! lol
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Damn, I was never able to find those Hot Wheels here. I do have the Sega ones, though.

I got some new decorations for my game room! These will look nice on my Sega wall.

4. I know that Melf was looking for those as well. I don't know when I'll be in Ft. Worth again; It's usually 3 or 4 times a month.

Edit*
    I guess you didn't find them Melf.

Those are some sweet prints.

5. I had to order a couple of sweaters off amazon cause I needed some more

also decided to try out gigabit internet for a month or two (get that hooked up friday), just cause it's a whole five extra dollars on our monthly bill and I figure what the hell might as well try some unnecessarily fast internet

6. Joystick arrived. Not in perfect condition, but it works great. I love the feel of the stick and buttons. Especially good for shmups like Raiden Fighters Aces.

I also ordered a new Hori RAP4 Kai (blue with Hayabusa stick and buttons) PS4 and Dragon Quest VIII 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I got some new decorations for my game room! These will look nice on my Sega wall.

Sweet. I have a Final Fight marquee.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 04 Feb 2017 at 09:44 PM.

Picked up some gen games I'd been eyeballing for a while.

Midnight Resistance
    Forgotten Worlds
    Mercs

(and GBA game and watch 4 and Kim Possible 2) all for $45

And a JP copy of the game gear Sonic labyrinth and US GG Ren adn Stimpy for $20.

Unrelated, but someone traded in an ps2 rpg with a receipt for gamecraze. I don't think we have those down here.

8. $36 Last Guardian was too good to resist. Between the price drop and my local store doing 10% off that finally persuaded me to buy it. I'd have happily gotten the game when it came out but Christmas season was brutal this year.

Also picked up Lumo on PS4 and found a copy of Rodea, the two-disc WiiU version, for $13.

Non-gaming, got a pile of blue and gold rings in the mail to weave into a glasses chain for my sister. Should be a fun two-day project to put together at work between calls.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer View Post
    I also ordered a new Hori RAP4 Kai (blue with Hayabusa stick and buttons) PS4 .

I was thinking about buying the same stick in red. Post impressions please!

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    $36 Last Guardian was too good to resist. Between the price drop and my local store doing 10% off that finally persuaded me to buy it. I'd have happily gotten the game when it came out but Christmas season was brutal this year.

Also picked up Lumo on PS4 and found a copy of Rodea, the two-disc WiiU version, for $13.

Non-gaming, got a pile of blue and gold rings in the mail to weave into a glasses chain for my sister. Should be a fun two-day project to put together at work between calls.
    I also finally just picked up Last Guardian with the price drop. My 5th PS4 game since the system launched! Played for an hour and it's exactly what I wanted from a Team ICO game. Looking forward to playing more!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"