Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Culdcept Revolt (3DS)

1. Yeah, why the fuck haven't you bought this yet. It's Culdcept.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. This story is complete nonsense
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    This story is complete nonsense
    But that's what makes it so great!

It's a fucking revolt! With cards!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. I was also up too late and tired as fuck because of, JUST ONE MORE. Also got a Kelpie, but don't have the cards to make a decent Kelpie deck yet.
    Last edited by bbobb; 09 Oct 2017 at 11:45 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    But that's what makes it so great!

It's a fucking revolt! With cards!
    My favorite part so far was the fighting Nighthawk so he wouldn't arrest me, but then then they attempted to arrest me anyway.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I was also up too late and tired as fuck because of, JUST ONE MORE. Also got a Kelpie, but don't have the cards to make a decent Kelpie deck yet.
    NICE

I haven't gotten any awesome rare creatures but I've been building up some solid spells and items. Got a Tearing Halo and a Quintessence last night, always good to have.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Silver Plow, nothing better than taking an opponent's land or defending your own and getting a free level out of it. I'm playing a 4 color deck so I got a lot of creatures that have multi-element affinity. Just got to the library quest and my pack picks are getting me nowhere until I get the next "expansion" unlocked.

8. Got a second kelpie, combined with some of the card draw spells I've gotten I've been able to make a passable kelpie deck that seems to be good enough to wreck the CPU so far.

9. The tension between the faster-paced games and the slower-paced rate of card accumulation is really interesting. The days of creating a local game, handing an AI an unplayable deck, and rigging the win conditions and number of rounds are over. You can still get GP playing against an AI with a deck of your creation, but because GP scales to G goal and number of rounds played, you won't have much to show for it. Story Mode is the most efficient GP generator, which I guess is the way it should be, but I want my 4 counter amulets, powder eaters, etc. to take them online now!

Hey, speaking of online, I could not get a single game last night. Saga was booming at release and usually had a match or two going even a year+ later. Bummer.

The only rules I really miss are double cast, getting that +10 ST bonus from every adjacent territory under your control during battle, and beginning of turn discard. Being able to spend a whole turn with a billion cards in your hand necessarily means you don't have to be as judicious about their use. The loss of double cast is puzzling since the focus of the game seems to be "Let the player do as many things as possible every turn."

Fatigue + generally having more cash is fun! They ensure you'll be able to do something with territory, whether leveling it, using an ability, or dropping a new creature, every turn, even when you're still using flaccid beginning-of-the-game decks with ogres.

Pro tip: For God's sake, take the tutorial's advice and crank the dialogue and turn speed to fast!
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 11 Oct 2017 at 10:04 AM.