Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Culdcept Revolt (3DS)

1. Got through all the main story missions to unlock all the cards using the kelpie deck without too much hassle. Now to go back and play through all the side missions that unlocked in all the previous quests for more GP, it's going to take A LOT to get 4 of all the cards. Bought a bunch of rich packs last night but still have a ton of S and R cards I don't have yet. Also still need a second Old Willow and one more Fire Shift to make a Old Willow deck.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I'd been plodding along doing every side mission and frankly I was getting burnt out. The last three battles I've just gone from story point to story point and it's much more fun that way.
    My last batte was the one with Zeneth and Nighthawk at Shell Beach and boy was it exciting. Zeneth hit the magic goal right before I did, but I managed to hit the castle first (thanks to a holy word 1 I used on him).

3. I don't like Old Willow. With Kelpie at least you get to use armor. With OW, you're left with land bonuses (which don't help when there's so many scrolls/ cards with penetrate) and the hope you get some fat body or growth draws.

4. That's very true, although I've found the number of instant 30 damage spells to be a bit problematic with Kelpie. Willows 40 base makes him safer from that.

Honestly I'd like to get off kelpie, but the AI is so damned weak to it and most decks I want to mess with take a bunch of copies of R and S cards.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I played online last night!

It was awesome. The faster shot clock between phases forces quick decision making (which wound up costing me the game) and the walk speed is cranked up to fast. No Saga-style drops or hangups despite my weak Wi-fi signal in my bedroom, either yeah I'll bet your Wi-fi signal in the bedroom is weak heheah it is.

One welcome wrinkle: you cannot adjust the settings of a non-friend match. That is, you're bound to whatever the Map of the Week is before it rotates. I like this, but then I also like Splatoon's authoritarian map rotation and prefer forfeiting choices like these in games generally, so ymmv. There's pragmatic reason I like this, though, one beyond my creeping fascism.

By allowing the host to select any map and G setting in ranked matches, Saga allowed gimmicky setting-and-map-specific decks that exploit whatever weird map and G setting the host set and would be unplayable under normal conditions. Yes, the weird settings and map choice tipped the contents of their gimmick books and led to easy counters and wins, but those wins necessitated spending minutes putting counter-decks together before hitting the "Ready" button in these situations. Because there's no longer an opportunity to edit your deck in the matchmaking screen for expediency's sake, it makes sense to force the same map and settings on everyone, switching them up every 8-9 days or whatever it is.

This would be a more significant change if anyone were playing the game.

That non-friend matches require 3-4 players is pretty hubristic, Omiya Soft.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 17 Oct 2017 at 09:28 AM.

6. I just got to the Evo Card stuff.
    I don't think I like it. I'm going to waste a lot of time agonizing over what parts to add/fuss with. As if building my deck wasn't enough!

7. My deck is bunk but if anyone wants to play this Friday night...

8. WHY NOT RIGHT NOW

9. Just took on Ol' Green Tits McGee and Terrormire with Yuma as my partner. We cleaned house! My kelpie never showed up, but Yuma was able to land on some important squares early on so we just beefed the hell out of them up. In the end she had over 10,000g and I had a measly 3500g/ Still, we bankrupted those two jerks a couple of times and that's the best part imo.

10. I'd be happy to play some games this weekend! Friday night might work.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood