Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Culdcept Revolt (3DS)

1. Having a tough time with the first Nighthawk battle. All his first attack items are giving me trouble. It was actually really really close right up till the end when he claimed a big toll. But throughout all of his Eagle Rapiers just annoyed the shit out of me.

My air/water book doesn't have enough direct damage to play the way I want just yet, so I'm still trying to find the right mix of cards. I've pulled just about all my defensive items because in previous games those tend to sit in the hand too long, but it's really causing me problems here.

Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to beat him next time.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Ah fuck me, I thought the shield was for stopping those element attacks not completely protecting a character of that element.
    I get it now.

3. Dude, I'm fighting every battle no less than 5 times because 1. it annoys me that there's a win loss counter on the books that resets every time you add even one card and I'm sick of making new books just because I want to change a card or two and 2. Even when I have a strong deck I'll either start out with no characters in hand at all, or they'll be the few I have that have land ownership requirements tied to them. I can't tell you the number of times my initial hand would be awesome in the end game but completely worthless in the beginning of a battle.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Dude, I'm fighting every battle no less than 5 times because 1. it annoys me that there's a win loss counter on the books that resets every time you add even one card and I'm sick of making new books just because I want to change a card or two and 2. Even when I have a strong deck I'll either start out with no characters in hand at all, or they'll be the few I have that have land ownership requirements tied to them. I can't tell you the number of times my initial hand would be awesome in the end game but completely worthless in the beginning of a battle.
    It's OK to start out with no characters in hand at start. That usually means you're probably stacked with spells, which is the best thing to be stacked with on opening draw IMO. Ideally you want to be able to cast one spell per turn (and now you get one spell and one Secret Art per turn, which is pretty cool). Cards are the one thing you truly never have enough of in Culdcept!

Does it really reset your W/L total every time you edit a book?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

5. THIS FUCKING GAME IS SO AWESOME AND SHITTY!

So I almost rage quit after the above happened. I had enough G that I didn't have to sell anything to pay the toll, but that toll put the NPC over the 8000 goal. All he had to do was hit a castle and that would be that. Well, since he burned that shield and had no other protective equipment, I moved a Gladiator that was sitting on a Yellow next door into one of his lands, equipped a sword and took it. That knocked him just below the winning amount.

Meanwhile, his biggest chain was Blue. He had a Yellow dude (one of those attack first bugs) sitting on a Blue land right next to the Yellow my Gladiator just took. So on the next turn I moved my Gladiator in that land. I was saving a charm for my kelpie (that took me all battle long to finally get set up with Fat Bodies and Growth so his fucking scrolls wouldn't take him out), but since this was a last ditch effort I thought why not. The charm just about negated his character's attack, and my critical was enough to take him out since there was no land bonus. That broke his chain enough to give me another round or two of breathing room- which I used to unleashed the kelpie. BANKRUPT JERKFACE.

And I got another Achievement. Steal the Win: win after the enemy has achieved their Magic Goal.
    It was such a rush.

SickSych.jpg

6. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    It's OK to start out with no characters in hand at start. That usually means you're probably stacked with spells, which is the best thing to be stacked with on opening draw IMO.
    Not when they're all spells you'd use on your own guys, or would prefer to use on established enemy guys.

Does it really reset your W/L total every time you edit a book?
    Not your overall win loses, but for that specific book yes.
    So you used your starter book and won 3 times. But between battles you edited your book. So your character would show 3 wins no losses. But that book would show 1 win, no losses. I guess it's there for people that want to know how many battles they won/lost with that specific configuration of cards, but who isn't going to mess with their book all the time in the beginning of the game?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Not when they're all spells you'd use on your own guys, or would prefer to use on established enemy guys.
    Hmm. Fair point! Sometimes your book concept just gets screwed by the RNG I guess. If your deck relies on spells and single use creatures like Growth Body you might try to use support cards or spells with a discard mechanic if you keep finding yourself in this situation. Or else adjust your book proportions a bit. Non-support books shouldn't have any more than 50% creatures, generally.

I beat Nighthawk. This time I drained his Eagle Rapiers early and Shattered them out of his hand as soon as they came up. I didn't draw any big tolls out of him; I just Moved a couple of my creatures onto his level 4 lands and beat him in Total Magic. The match was fairly quick, about 35 minutes or so.

I think the W/L tallies are best for online matches, once you've got a book established. SSJN, what's your 3DS friend code?

8. I'll have to look. Did you get a new 3ds? Because "sleeve" is already in my friend list.

The SSJN meltdowns make want to buy this.

10. Your punk ass should already have bought it.