Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Culdcept Revolt (3DS)

1. I know I said the AI doesn't cheat.

I know I said this.

I still believe this.

But goddamn.

I'm racing Zen or Sen or whoever to the castle. We're both a little past the 8K goal. She's two squares away from the castle when I pull a Holy Word 1. The square right in front of her is occupied by my slightly dinged Level 4 Cornfolk. She has no weapons. I'll pop her with the Cornfolk for $1k, she'll pass the castle and collect a not-quite-big enough bonus next turn, and I'll get to the next gate before she does.

Except she pulled a critical hit weapon on her draw and shredded my dude. At least the reward for losing is generous.

I'm still trying to get a feel for deck ratios in a more invasion-heavy game. Right now I'm using 16 creatures, 9 items (a scroll, 2 sword things, 2 Reflector Shields, a Gremlin Amulet, 2 Petrify Stone, 1 Diamond Armor), and 25 spells (3 Drain Magic, 3 Wind of Hope, and 19 junk drawer spells). As long as I don't have more than maybe 4 dudes with land ownership casting requirements, it feels pretty good.

2. I think you're a bit light on creatures, I'd bump up to 20 and come down a bit in spells
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. When I tried to have less than 20 creatures, I'd go round after round without pulling one. Then when I did, I'd pull 1 of the 3 dudes that had land requirements. Hell, sometimes even now I have to restart a fight because I won't have a single creature after the second round and that's not acceptable.

4. It's not so bad if you have a bunch of spells that give you access to more cards (Wind of Hope, Prophecy, Foresight). No creatures at the beginning sucks, but a hand full of creatures at the end suckser.

5. Those cards just piss me off because I end up getting more cards I'd rather get later in the game and now I've got to toss them away.

6. That's always the risk, but it's outweighed by letting me throw away the later-in-the-game cards for the right-the-heck-now cards imo. Even with a full hand, Wind of Hope lets you pick the most immediately useful 6 cards of 7 choices by filling up your hand and forcing discard later (if you even have to discard at all now that the discard phase is at the end). That's the worst case scenario, and that's always going to be a good thing.

With end-of-turn discard, I can't envision ever playing a deck with less than the maximum number of WoH.

Keep in mind that books recycle, too. Rip through that thing as fast as you can. Dig for the most useful cards in the most useful situation as many times as you can!
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 14 Oct 2017 at 06:26 PM.

7. Man, I really enjoy this, but I'm not used to playing chance-heavy games. Frustrating.

Looking forward to getting a bunch of cards so I can start deck building.

8. I tried to get an online match the other day. After idling for a half hour I gave up.

9. Played the most INSANE game yesterday. Started strong, but then Tenet took a commanding lead. He took a couple big tolls from both me and Gen and before I knew it he was over 8k. I needed to make something happen fast. I used my Magical Leap to land on his Level 5 and took it down with a Battering Ram. All of a sudden, he's at 6k, I'm at 5k, and I'm back in the thick of it. (I don't think Gen cleared 2k the rest of the game, poor guy). A few laps later, I pulled out the win.

Never say die!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Word, I think the greater concentration of creatures is making for more crazy comebacks/heartbreaking defeat.

Hey, you get a card for logging on to Internet to find that you're the only one playing the game at that and any moment, reminding you that it's just you sloshing around in that bag of hair and meat you call "I" at that and any moment, man. It's just you in there, you alone. All alone. Until death releases you from your loneliness. You sound like a fuckin idiot. Did I have that wrinkle yesterday? Jesus, it's getting thin back there. And I'm never going to look as good as I do right now again. This is as good as it gets and I look like a walking mugshot. I should just stop looking in the mirror. I guess I have to to shave, but I should stop looking more than once a day. And the gettin' is good: usually an S or R!

Oh yeah, SSJN was right about the 3D. I usually leave it on for every game because I really like it, but it's exceptional in this game--makes all that stuff on the screen more legible.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 16 Oct 2017 at 06:36 PM.