Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Culdcept Revolt (3DS)

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    If it seems like you're never getting what you want...put those card-drawing spells you don't like in there. Prophecy and Reincarnation especially.

If you're worried about having to toss cards you want later, stick in a Revival or two as well.
    I prefer to use Wind of Hope just because it's a net gain. Reincarnation I often find too hard to use because I usually have 2-3 cards I really don't want to scrap.

I forget how far you have to be before you can get cards with Secret Arts but once you do, the blue creature Fate is fantastic for card draw.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I have reincarnations, wind of hopes, and gifts.
    Reincarnation ALWAYS shows up when I don't want to toss cards. The other two, meh.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I forget how far you have to be before you can get cards with Secret Arts but once you do, the blue creature Fate is fantastic for card draw.
    I just got to this part. Secret Art (Spell phase) replacing Territory Ability (Territory phase) is such a brilliant design choice given the smaller map sizes.

I still miss and will always miss those 80-square, 13,000 G maps, but they really did a great job bending the mechanics to fit Revolt's small scale.

4. You know this game is way niche when even Neogaf has barely five pages of posts.
    Anyway, thanks to said thread I'm now rocking Cockatrice + Battering Ram with supreme enjoyment.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 20 Oct 2017 at 02:33 PM.

5. Finally made it past that battle and am watching the first credit roll. Phew.
    Not to work towards the next two!

6. Cockatrice and Battering Ram works great against a lot of the aggressive AI players.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. I love/hate how unequivocally balanced this game is. Even as devastating as that combo can be, there's plenty of ways to stymie it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I love/hate how unequivocally balanced this game is. Even as devastating as that combo can be, there's plenty of ways to stymie it.
    Yeah, combos like that and Kelpie/Old Willow are damned good against the AI but are way easy for an actual player to counter.

9. I'm doing a side mission with Tenet as my partner and he's doing more damage to me than the god damn Bobsy Twins we're fighting against! First, even though he had plenty of g, he used a spell that erased all the effects I had going on our guys (vitality, etc) THEN I had an Echinoderm in place with shrink, so between the two of us we could knock 20 hp off any character each round. HE DECIDES HE NEEDS TO REPLACE IT WITH A FATE. There were plenty of other dumb cards he could of replaced, like his shitty amphibian warrior that got knocked out in the next round. But no. Jerkoff.

10. It's pretty bad. I moved my team mate's creature on to a Level 4 at which I had chipped away and paralyzed. All she had to do was play the only card in her hand as an item and it would have been ours. She inexplicably doesn't and we lose.

And if you have a creature-land color mismatch the AI loses its goddamn mind trying to correct it at all costs.