Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand Shakes

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    He has! We have had this thread before. Or at least this conversation.
    Prove it.

And I don't remeber shaking Icarus' hand. But, he's a stand up guy I'd leave my kids with.

Forceful handshakes I'm always uncomfortable with. Like WTF is going on here? Like that girl, all I could think about is 'does she peg her boyfriend? How could a chill person like that run a train with a strap-on on someone? Is she so attractive I could let her penetrate my sphincter?'
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

She's overcompensating.

and I'm not searching for old threads. That's your bag, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Prove it.

And I don't remeber shaking Icarus' hand. But, he's a stand up guy I'd leave my kids with.

Forceful handshakes I'm always uncomfortable with. Like WTF is going on here? Like that girl, all I could think about is 'does she peg her boyfriend? How could a chill person like that run a train with a strap-on on someone? Is she so attractive I could let her penetrate my sphincter?'
    If she does it right, you'll come so hard your kneas buckle. Then you're going to make a secret thread asking us if you're gay.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I don't remeber shaking Icarus' hand.
    I made you hug me so we could get any camp jitters out of the way.
    Boo, Hiss.

I still do not agree with Josh, but I do judge people on their handshakes.

If you are giving anything over firm or too long and you aren't my bud and fucking around, I think you're a douche. What, you want a candy bar? A trophy? Fuck off with that, douchenozzle.

Lazy, zero attempt handshake - I assume you're not engage in what we are about to do. Made worse if your hand is cold too. If your hand is warm or sweaty, maybe you are flushed and worried. Maybe you are too engaged in what we are about to do? Cold and lazy? What were youdoing? Playing with your phone outside in the wind?

For the most part I'm looking for a quick but firm handshake. It tells me that you've done this before. You're aware people like Josh exist. You want me to think highly of you. But since it is quick, you want to be done with it and get to work. Hopefully it is also room tempature. That telsl me you came ot the meeting early or at least on time and your skin has had a chance to reach room tempature.

But all in all, I put very little stock in it. It is just 1 component to a million things a person will do. This idea of businessmen making quick judgements on people, shooting from the hip, is all horseshit. Its shit rich men tell each other so they can justify making 250% higher than the people aroudn them. "They deservet that money. They know the vodoo." Fuck that. Its all about inputs and outputs. Do they get shit done? Do they close? Mother fucker could have Mr. Freeze gay fag hands for all I care if he gets his work done.

Also, I don't give a shit about theatrics. Where you place your thumb. Putting your hand on top or below. Fuck it. Stick it all up your ass.

You introducing me to your daughter? Are you welcoming me to church? Am I about to get an award? Get out of here with that shit. Fuck off.

7. Oh, there was another girl last night I met at my buddy's show. She was positive we met before or had been to the same shows. Punk feminist, super happy about everything. Had akward, introverted stage presence, but it worked for them. She refused hand shakes, hugs only. Hugs are probably more appropriate for friends, but I still seem to offer handshakes rather than hugs to strangers.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. I only do professional handshakes.
    Shaking hands in a social setting just feels out of place.

9. I just grab 'em by the pussy.

10. I just snap my fingers like I'm at a poetry slam