Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep, Yo!

1. Dreamcast Sleep, Yo!

KERA Think piece on sleeping. I'm hoping Liberal Arts Major Satsuki has some more sources to read on it.

Do you think we fucked up people by giving children their own room? Did you sleep with siblings? Until what age? Would we be better off sleeping in communal groups not barred by rooms or even houses?

How much sleep do you get a night?

Naps are for women and Grandpa Josh.

Disscus.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. LOL that's sociology major to you, bucko. However it's sociology with a focus on Internet community and society, so I don't have shit to say about sleep habits of irl pleebs.

But seriously, it depends on the society a kid grows up in. In American society kids share a room until puberty, then all bets are off. I'll have links for you shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Also I feel like we had this thread already?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. I think I'm recreating threads because cka disabled the search function to prevent me from bumping old threads.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I'm getting back into sleeping in two separate four hour blocks. It's not for everyone, but it works for me.

I like sleeping all day and staying up all night when I can.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm getting back into sleeping in two separate four hour blocks. It's not for everyone, but it works for me.
    I wish I could do this. My body is wired for it but my schedule is not.

8. Without the structure of daily work, I would have no sleep pattern at all.
    I used to love falling asleep just as the sun was rising and waking in the afternoon.

9. I have been doing that during the week a lot this year because I teach at 8AM and am often up until 2:00AM doing work with a long enough gap for sleep in between. I feel like I'm never totally exhausted/burned out but never fully awake, either.

I then sleep for 10-11 hours straight on the weekend which is probably effing me up.

It is!